Confusion about Night Vision while driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusion about Night Vision while driving

I have heard several people comment on not being able to toggle NV while in a vehicle.

IT IS POSSIBLE TO TOGGLE NV WHILE DRIVING!

You have to use the DEFAULT 7 key, not the other key you used to bind the goggles.

Just FYI

Re: Confusion about Night Vision while driving

I have the night vision bound to the large thumb button on my MX1000 mouse (while emulates the 7 key)..works like a freakin' charm

Comment

I have the MX518 and have it bound to one of the thumb buttons and the gas mask bound to the other. I can toggle them on while driving with the 7 or 8 keys but not with the toggles. The OP is correct. When not in a vehicle, it works beautifully.

Comment

damn... i could only get the 2 extra buttons on the side of my MX1000 to bind keys in BF2, couldnt get the 3rd one to work

Comment

Originally posted by =HPSF=Doctor Doom
          I have heard several people comment on not being able to toggle NV while in a vehicle.

IT IS POSSIBLE TO TOGGLE NV WHILE DRIVING!

You have to use the DEFAULT 7 key, not the other key you used to bind the goggles.

Just FYI
          THANK YOU! I use the numpad keys for all my weapon selection so I never could toggle in vehicle. This is gonna make life much easier.

Comment

How do you bind it to a new key? I looked in control but Nightvision or gasmask doesn't show up in there.

Comment

it is weapons select 7 and 8

Comment

I know how to choose them, I want to bind them to another key.

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty
                  I know how to choose them, I want to bind them to another key.
                  In the controls menu click on the relevant key(7 or 8) once then click the mouse button/key you want it to be changed to and voila.

Comment

Originally posted by cyborg_ninja-117
                    damn... i could only get the 2 extra buttons on the side of my MX1000 to bind keys in BF2, couldnt get the 3rd one to work

Comment

NV works fine in the vehicles...used the NV while i was driving my M1

Comment

Ok, here is the deal. This is where I think the confusion may be. When you go into Options, then to Controls, on the left you will see Weapon 7 and Weapon 8. Just to the right of those there will be 2 columns. The first column should show 7 and 8 as default. The left column is where you can add an extra key binding. The 7 and 8 can be used anytime. For some reason, the alternate key bindings don't like to work when in vehicles.

Hope this clears up a little. I think that people are REbinding the 7 and 8 and then unable to toggle it on/off in vehicles. This is why I use the alternate binding.

Comment

erm yes thats what the OP says quite clearly I expect it will be on the list for the hotfix theres a few small bugs like that.

Btw you can also put the gasmask on in vehicles (you can hear the different breathing noise when you press the button) i wonder if the tear gas effects you in ALL vehicles?? anyone tried driving into a gas cloud yet?

Comment

Night Vision works fine in Vehicles.....I used it in the BlackHawk, although vision was in greyscale not green, and it was quite difficult to see where I was going.

Comment

I couldnt play without my thumb buttons mapped to crouch/prone. Been playing that way for such a loooooooong time I would be lost. lol.

I use F for night vision.

Comment

Working...
                              X