new monitor not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new monitor not working

I recently bought a 19" lcd, and now after I have plugged it in, it is not working... my game will crash to the desktop while trying to load the opening movie..I plugged back in my old monitor, and it works fine w/bf2 no probs, but for some reason it won't work with this monitor. Old monitor was a 17"...Now I have to connectors for my new one.. 1 15 pin video, and a dvi... am i able to use just the dvi connector, or do i have to use both.. and i also notice my video cable is missing two pins.. what can i do.. please help if you can.. thanks.

Re: new monitor not working

You need to delete your profiles stored in /my docs/BF2/

When you installed BF2 it configured itself for your monitor. Now that you have changed, BF2 expects the old one, doesn't find it so exits back to desktop. It's normally the refresh rate which causes the problem.

or I think you can just edit /bf2/profiles/default/video.con and change the line with your refresh rate to something like 60Hz

Comment

Dude thanks so much, i deleted the profiles, and it worked... you saved me.. lol .. thanks again..

Comment

No problem. It's not the most obvious of things really and I only know it because I spend too much time here

Comment

Working...
        X