Radeon X300/X550 any good ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon X300/X550 any good ?

Hi all, i got a hewlett packard deal of a friend it has a 256mb radeon in it and i want to know if this will be ok for bf2 ?

p4 3.0ghz
    1 gb ram
    200 gb hd

thanks sonik

Re: Radeon X300/X550 any good ?

I have no clue how strong p4 3.0ghz is...but I no the rest is pretty good should run on high...what video card is it you have ?

Comment

Radeon X300/X550

Comment

A P4 3.0 Ghz CPu is the same as a 3000+ AMD. Just to let you know. The x300 is becoming more and more popular with Dell and other PC companies alike. It is a relatively basic card, although i would assume that it mbeats the 9550 that i own. If i am correct, then it should be able to play BF2 with 3/4's of the settings on med. But dont quote me. lol. sorry but i dont know much about that card.

Comment

thanks for the help , what setting's would you recommend putting on med or high ?

Comment

I would suggest to start all on low, put view distance on 100%, as otherwise your at a disadvantage. The turn up the settings one by one in order of importance to you. Then test, and if its running ok, go back and put some more up. Kepp this up untill you find it starts to get a bit laggy, then take the last one you bumped up back down one. As i dont know the card, its the best thing to do.

Comment

I have the x300 card and I used to run 800x600 w 100%VD and about half on med. that gave me about 40-50 fps.
              All crap in my opinion, but it is just to kill time until I get my new card soon...

In SF my frame rates dips down to 4-10!!! and is really unplayable even on the lowest settings (not that I would want to play on the lowest possible settings)

Do like me bud and get yourself a real card I'll get the 7800GT since it's gonna last me for a while and by then I'm prob bored of games

Comment

thanks i'll give it a go, i notice that the game has chosen on auto video settings to turn of a few things, like anti aliasing and that, i'm not really clued up as to what most of these things are .. thanks for the heads up about 100% view distance , didnt know about that :hmm: .

oh and how can i check what frame rate (fps) its running at ?

sonikone

Comment

Working...
                X