Change cd-key on BF2:SF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change cd-key on BF2:SF

My friend was here and installed SF on my system, with his key ofcourse. Now will i buy this game tomorrow. And I want to know if I need to reinstall the game so I can use my own cd-key. Is that possible? Takes a lifetime installing Bf2:SF on my slow system. Please help.

/ jlw

Re: Change cd-key on BF2:SF

I used the EA downloader, it didn't require a key.

Comment

Originally posted by s|k
      I used the EA downloader, it didn't require a key.
      If i buy something i want something! like a DVD and a nice Box :laugh:

Comment

No one that can help me out? I just want to change the damn thing! :evil:

Comment

yes you can but im not gonna tell you how

Comment

how do you change the cd key if you used the downloader, and how do you view it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gabe
              how do you change the cd key if you used the downloader, and how do you view it?
              The cd-key gets entered automatically and encrypted when you install:

You can look here where to see the cd-key for BF2:SF for EA Downloader:

In BF2 you can use Battlefield 2_code.exe to enter the key in registry (and thereby changing it) and use BF2CdKeyCheck.exe to encrypt it.

In BF2:SF you would then use Battefield 2 Special Forces_code.exe and its BF2CdKeyCheck.exe (not the same as before) to encrypt the BF2:SF cd-key in registry. haven't tried it so not sure it works for BF2:SF

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny Highway
                The cd-key gets entered automatically and encrypted when you install:

You can look here where to see the cd-key for BF2:SF for EA Downloader:

In BF2 you can use Battlefield 2_code.exe to enter the key in registry (and thereby changing it) and use BF2CdKeyCheck.exe to encrypt it.

In BF2:SF you would then use Battefield 2 Special Forces_code.exe and its BF2CdKeyCheck.exe (not the same as before) to encrypt the BF2:SF cd-key in registry. haven't tried it so not sure it works for BF2:SF

where do i download BF2CdKeyCheck.exe ?

Comment

You shouldn't be pirating software, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Mykonicon
                    You shouldn't be pirating software, dude.
                    "sniffel boo hoo don't be a pirate sniffel mom says its bad"... Shut the hell up. Are you 5 or somthing? Thanks for posting something that will really help this guy out,

Now, The best place to get the BF2CDCheck.exe is download the 1.12 patch, run it, but don't press any next or ok buttons. Type %temp% into Run and find the folder that has the .exe in it. Easy.

There may be a problem where that exe will try and encrypt the bf2 key and not the special forces key. I tried to hex edit the correct registry address into the exe but i'de need some dasm tools which i seem to be fresh out of.

You MAY have to open up regedit, backup your encrypted BF2 key, replace it with your uncrypted (yea i know not a word) key, run the exe then paste that into the Special Forces > erec.... eh if you think about it you'll figure it out. Someone here found out what to do and it works perfectly.

Comment

dude, keep your morality to yourself, I really could care less. It's just pirating. As far as helping - well, we can see you are a real winner. Apparently you graduated tops at math. For the firking time he's spending on this website, checking for your super game tech support gibble-jabble, he could have loaded and unloaded the game six times, which was his problem in the first place, I'm sure he didn't need some clown to show off his pirate-monkey routine.

Comment

BTW, don't even bother arguing, check the time on the original post and then try to convince me anybody has a system that slow, that will also play this game that won't load that s**t up in under an hour. Go for it. I'll bet it could load up faster that you could type out that nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                        X