Ping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ping?

Since installing BF2:SF and the wounderful 1.12 patch my Ping has shot up almost 100%. Its now hard for me to find a sever with >100 ping that will stay there. My rig is good and when I don't play BF2 my internet is fine...so whats up? Is it the servers that can't handle the new Game or what? I also notice its not only me...it looks like 1/2 the people on anygiver server has over 150 ping. Thoughts?

Re: Ping?

This is a screen shot of Pings in the lowest ping server I could find.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../screen011.png

Notice how 8 out of 23 have pings over 100? I have never seen this before the patch or SF came out.

Comment

i know this sounds stupid but i turned up my aa to 2x and made the view distanve 100%, and everthing on medium and i got better framerate. lol.

Comment

ping is not framerate! Or were you really just trying to be stupid. And in response to the actual question, try and see if any extra processes are running in the background. And scan for malware or viruses. That might help.

Comment

A buddy of mine had the same problem today. Other online games had normal pings, but with BF2 they were major. He doesn't have BF2 SF but he did patch it today. Maybe try and update Punkbuster?

Comment

Well I looked on PB website and it didn't say anything about an update.

My Frame rate is 60-80 all with Max settings so thats not it.

But maybe it is PB any Idea how to check?

Comment

Originally posted by Devil_Dog-9
              Well I looked on PB website and it didn't say anything about an update.

My Frame rate is 60-80 all with Max settings so thats not it.

But maybe it is PB any Idea how to check?
              You can run PB Setup to update Punkbuster. Get it here.

Comment

That Updating PB maually looks scary...anyother Ideas why alot of people are getting crazy pings?

Comment

That Updating PB maually looks scary...anyother Ideas why alot of people are getting crazy pings?
                  It's easy. I did it a couple of times. Just download this and run it. It's self explanatory. It helped me a couple of times when I had ping issues with BF2.

Comment

So I downloaded it and I guess it manually updated but I have some stuff on my desktop now...what do I do with it?

Comment

So I downloaded it and I guess it manually updated but I have some stuff on my desktop now...what do I do with it?
                      Here you go:

Originally posted by EvenBalance.com
                      For best results, users should create a folder on the hard drive to hold PBSetup and the various files that it will create and use during operation. PBSetup should be downloaded directly into the folder or moved into the folder after downloading to the desktop but before running PBSetup for the first time. The easiest way to create a folder is to "right click" on the desktop and choose New|Folder from the pop-up menu and then type in a folder name such as PBSetup and press the Enter key.
                      link

Comment

I don't think that was the problem SHakermaker since BF2:SF was running fine last night now its lagging like crazy but thanks for the info...any one else want to try?

Comment

bump...

Comment

Working...
                          X