EA/Dice: Shame on YOU!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA/Dice: Shame on YOU!

Yaya, I know everyone complains but hear me out, I think this is pretty legit.

I was really looking forward to Special Forces. I bought it the day it came out. I unlocked all my guns ( I guess my rank is high enough to get 4 unlocks), and I absolutely love it!

Now, here's what I CAN'T STAND.

EA/DICE WTF WHERE YOU THINKING?!?

SF is NOT an expansion pack. The only way it constitutes as one is the fact that it is REQUIRED to have the full version of BF2.

To clear up some confusion... Insert BF2 to play BF2 - Insert SF to play SF.

***YOU CAN NOT SWITCH BETWEEN BOTH GAMES MAPS IN A SINGLE SERVER***

You HAVE to quit SF to go play Karkand for example... how stupid is that?

At least Call of Duty did it right with United Offensive. I like the fact that I would now have like almost 20 maps total in a map rotation, but noooooo, is that so hard for them to do?

It's quite simple, if you don't have the expanion pack the server wouldn't show up on your list (or it will come up as red if you uncheck the version filter). God I can't express how much this erks me.

It's not like I'm asking to have ALL the features from SF to be in BF2 stock maps, I can understand that it might, MIGHT, be hard to code the grappling hooks on pre-existing levels..(MIGHT). But that's not the fact. I just want to play all the maps, is that unreasonable?

Finally, the cover of the SF box shows a gun with his gdamn gun out on a zipline... that is BS, you can't use your gun on a zipline, and I thought you could.

I now have 2 great games, that I have to play seperately, and that sucks...

/end rant

Happy Thanksgiving ALL!

Re: EA/Dice: Shame on YOU!

Yea it is annoying that it seems to shut down to desktop then reopen to the correct game when you switch I wish it was integrated better. Our server admin said we were going to have both SF, and vanilla maps on the server, so I am wondering how that's going to work out, as in is it going to kick those on the server without SF? Hmmmm.

Comment

WTF, that's the stupidest thing i have ever heard! No way am i wasting my money on SF! What kind of bullsh!t is that?

Comment

You don't have to quit, it does it for you if you choose a server running say Karkand, if will start to load, then appear to shutdown, and then immediately open again load Karkand and play as normal.

Comment

I was under the impression that SF was just something you installed and then ditched the CD until you needed to reinstall it, woe is me.

Maybe I should've bought it via the EA downloader instead...

Comment

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
            You don't have to quit, it does it for you if you choose a server running say Karkand, if will start to load, then appear to shutdown, and then immediately open again load Karkand and play as normal.
            Yep, exactly.

The morons here seem to try and jump on EA's back for everything, even if its not true.

:|:

Comment

Originally posted by -{DFA}-Brak710
              Yep, exactly.

The morons here seem to try and jump on EA's back for everything, even if its not true.

:|:
              I don't even have it and i no you can just go to the mods tab and change it there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat
                I was under the impression that SF was just something you installed and then ditched the CD until you needed to reinstall it, woe is me.

Maybe I should've bought it via the EA downloader instead...
                It is.

You do NOT need to insert the SF disc to play, it creates an SF folder and depending on which version you are playing the game draws from nescessary folder.

Comment

If it wasn't for the extra unlocks, I'd uninstall SF (I'm not kidding)

Comment

Hmm - Perhaps I have yet to encounter a server that has both BF2 and SF maps. I have not seen one. Could someone give me a couple IPs of any?

I'm not a moron, I just know when I want to play BF2 I have to quit the game, if that was the case, how come when I do a update server list all I see is SF maps?

Comment

Don't know why, I see both, BF2 with a red 2, and SF with a green, if I opened the game with the SF.exe, play for a while on SF servers then click on a vanilla, it switches automatically, I don't have to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
                        Don't know why, I see both, BF2 with a red 2, and SF with a green, if I opened the game with the SF.exe, play for a while on SF servers then click on a vanilla, it switches automatically, I don't have to do anything.
                        But are there servers that have a map rotation for both games' maps?

Comment

Not that I have seen. I was talking to our server admin last night on TS, and he said "we'd be set up for both soon", now, I take this as that once it has stablized maybe there is going to be integration of BF2 maps into SF servers, just non SF owners will view it as a SF server and not be able to get in, but it is only speculation at this point.

Comment

I haven't had any probs either. Also, the 1.03 patch made it so where it auto switched if you want to play different versions/mods. No more need to go ito Community tab & switch before you jion servers. If there are any Red 2 servers on the list that are RED. It just means that they haven't updated to the 1.12 patch. They are still running the BF2 1.03 & apparantly plan on continuing to do so. Not sure Why but ....

Comment

Originally posted by [xXx]gh0st
                              But are there servers that have a map rotation for both games' maps?
                              This one I know (even though I dont have it)... it was clearly written (somewhere) on the EA site that a server cant run SF maps with BF2 maps... ie. its either or. ...

Most likely because when you play BF2 maps, you have the normal BF2 players in there... if the server then switches there will be bugs (or an empty server)...

Tough **** dudes, thats the price you apperently have to pay for getting to use the new toys vs BF2 players...:laugh:

(sry... just kind of funny to see how EA kind of manages to **** both "sides" off in this)

Comment

Working...
                              X