Complaint about the Spetznaz/Rebel/Insurgent weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaint about the Spetznaz/Rebel/Insurgent weapons

Dice just doesn't get it. First it gives the MEC 5.56 x 45mm NATO versions of the AK-74 except for the Spec Ops and Support kits which use 5.45 x 39 mm Russian ammo. Armies adopt a single source for ammuntion. Either you have all NATO calibers or all Russian calibers, not a mix up like this mess.

Now with BF-2: SF it gives virtually the same weapons to the Russian Spetznaz, the [Chechyan] Rebels and the [Iraqi] Insurgents. This is not very accurate and shows a complete lack of the creative process. None of these groups use 5.56 mm NATO weapons unless captured (i.e. Insurgent forces).

The Russian Army uses the AKS-74u or "Krinkov" so they should keep it. But the Assault and Medic kits should have the AN-91 rifle, first with the GP-30 grenade launcher and the second kit without it. The AN-91 has a semi-auto feature, a 2 shot burst (at 1,100 rps rate so very accurate) and full auto (first 2 rounds at 1,100 rps, then the rest at about 700 rps). For game ease I'd just have it limited to either 2 shot burst or full auto at the slower rate.

The Rebels should have their AK-101's renamed AK-74M and then they'd fit better. They don't have to tweek them any other way so that wouldn't upset the balance. The Insurgents should have AK-47/AKM's instead of AK-101's or AK-74's except for the Krinkov and RPK-74. These guys use what they can get their hands on and so they have a mix of weapons and calibers.

DICE went all out to decently equip the SAS and SEAL's with new rifles. The other guys got the shaft. Especially the Spetznaz who have been adopting new weapons to replace the old Soviet era hardware the regular army uses. They even have a new sniper rifle though I forget the designation.

Re: Complaint about the Spetznaz/Rebel/Insurgent weapons

Welcome to party. Unforently, DICE doesn't care about detail that much. I've learned to live with it.

Comment

Because obviously names of guns and types of ammo really really matter in Battlefield 2...

Comment

Originally posted by HicRic
        Because obviously names of guns and types of ammo really really matter in Battlefield 2...
        OBVIOUSLY... it just doesn't matter to you. Nub.

Comment

The MEC rifle for assault/medic is an AK-101, which does use 5.56 x 45 NATO.

This had me confused as well. The AKS74U is 5.45 x 39, and the RPK is 7.62 x 39, and the PKM is 7.62 x 51, big mess, I know.

Comment

Working...
          X