A beginner's tale of BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A beginner's tale of BF2

im a private first class newb bf2 soldier, so bare with me as i tell you this mini story.

im USMC, and im in a tank in gunner position whilst the other random guy is driving the tank, which is pretty badly damaged. the guy stops the tank and gets out so i just assume he didnt need it so i take the drivers position and drive away. 10 seconds later i see in all chat with all caps saying "wtf you stole my tank while i was trying to repair it." i said i was sorry beacuse i was new, and a few minutes later we both spawn at the same flagpoint, the mother fugger has the audacity to shoot me in the back of the head and my squad leader was saying in mic that the guy shot me because i wasnt aware of it i was kinda ****ed so i threw a nade at him and fragged him. in the end he punished me for the tk but oh well.

but seriously, if some guy gets out of the tank, wouldnt you assume that he left to go someplace else?

Re: A beginner's tale of BF2

I'll give you a break because your a noob, but usualy I kill anyone who has the audacity to steal my vehicle while i repair it. You have to check if its being repaired before you take it, you can tell by the wrench in your HUD. If all else fails apologize.

Comment

lol. noobs are funny

Comment

Well I guess its one of the unwritten rules one needs to learn. Don't steal vehicles while the driver is repairing. Its easy visible in the HUD and audible from the wrench-sound.

As a rule of thumbs, a guy with a tank usually dies with it to get it at spawn again. There is exceptions though, like if the tank driver use the tank to drive to a Jet/chopper (shame on him then) or if its to capture a flag you can't drive to.
        If he leaves the tank to grab a jet/chopper then go ahead and kill him, but if its for a flag I would probably jump into the tank and guard him while he is capping and then leave the tank when he returns. I might also steal the tank in that case 'cause its risky just leaving the tank to cap a flag... enemy might take it.

Comment

TKing people just because they get the vehicle you want is what makes BF2 suck.
          I'm sick of sitting at the cobra spawn alone, having a sniper walk up behind me, me get in the chopper, and the sniper TK me then get in.

Comment

Hint: look at the HUD before you enter a vehicle...most tank drivers are engineers at the same time..they jump out and repair the tank...you are a newbi so you couldnt know...but it really ****es me of when some players steal the friggin tank when im repairing it...

but the worst players are those who tk for getting a vehicle...its the lamest thing you can do...im always running for a vehicle, but i NEVER tk to get it...

yesterday someone stole me tank while i was repairing...he was the gunner on the other tank, and jumped out when he saw my tank and stole it...thats so lame...later he tk'ed me to get the LAV...

Comment

Originally posted by cheese06
              but seriously, if some guy gets out of the tank, wouldnt you assume that he left to go someplace else?
              If I was a noob, I would.

Don't worry, you'll grow outta it.

The key to NOT being a noob is being aware of things going on around you and working with your teammates. Even if he had abandoned the tank, you shouldn't have just gone rolling off. You should stick with the guy that jumped out. You can help each other, ya know?

Keep at it. You'll get it even if you die alot 'n get yelled at from time ta time.
              Good luck on un-noobifying yourself!

Comment

He tk'd you eventually right? MOFO deserved it.

Bad karma for you though, coz you tk'd him back.

Rule number one, punishing dicks for being dicks is alright, but punishing for accidents is not. I hope you punished that tking ass hole.

Shouldn't a tked him though, for two very good reasons.

1: Most obviously you get a tk punish against you, and typically after X many ptk you are kicked/BANNED from the server.

2: You're better than that.

If you tk, make sure it was an accident, rage tks may be gratifying, but all you do is make enemies.

Comment

Working...
                X