Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2/SF Editor

Guess what...
    A new BF2 Editor has been mentions to be coming out at a later date that is not yet known. This Editor will have support for BF2 Special Forces.
    The current BF2 Editor does not support BF2 Special Forces.

Re: BF2/SF Editor

Maybe this will also have AI singleplayer meshes?

Comment

Maybe all the bugs will be fixed.

Comment

is this true a new editor, were did you here this too,i hope so, i havent bought the new x pack yet, i may get it next week when i have some more money, and if it here, in the shops, i dont really what to spend money i dont have,
        perhaps ea should have the SF MOD for free cos the main game ist finished.

Comment

The source of the information comes from a very reliable source in EA. They are working on the next version of the BF2 Editor which will have support for BF2 SF. Now if they also will be adding the AI tools we all know that life will become nicer.

Comment

it would be cool if you can make AI dum,BTW Sniper i seen u and the TAW server

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six Three
              it would be cool if you can make AI dum,BTW Sniper i seen u and the TAW server
              I know Super Six three. I was there. I was talking, and that is the server I run.

Comment

Originally posted by {HHx}b14ze
                Maybe all the bugs will be fixed.
                HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Funniest thing I've heard all day. This is EA, for christ's sake.

Comment

lol
                  EA FIX THINGS?! You have to be snorting something there sonny boy.

Comment

Anyone have any updates of when the editor might come out for BF2 Special Forces or any other info on the BF2 Special Forces Editor?

Comment

So you guys are saying EA will release a NEW editor for SF? SF is a mod and if you know enough about the bf2 editor you can still use it to open the maps and use the new objects. The thing is LBrown said in EA forums that people are not allowed to use SF content in their mods or maps. The point is, if you do that, you can copy everything from BF2:SF mod, make your own mod of course making small changes so that its not identical, but still put all those vehicles and everything, so what would happen in that situation? People who didn't buy expansion would have a new mod called something else that has every vehicle and new object from expansion. I can assure you that EA will take every precaution to not to let people use expansion content in their mod/map.

Comment

Actually a new BF2 Editor is coming out Maranello. Words straight from Ben Smith. The reason because they want people to be able to make new maps for BF2 SF. Kinda because the maps they had suck. No one is saying that what your saying is wrong however you dont require the BF2 Editor to move BF2 and BF2 SF content to another mod. Its rather simple. Its the fact that there is a EULA that says you can't that keeps peolpe from doing it. Not the Editor.

The new Editor isnt just for SF its also for BF2 vanilla. Its an update you can say. Hopefully to fix a bunch of problems but also to give support for those nightmaps that EA made and would like able to make more night map.

Comment

Originally posted by TAW_DaSniper
                          Actually a new BF2 Editor is coming out Maranello. Words straight from Ben Smith. The reason because they want people to be able to make new maps for BF2 SF. Kinda because the maps they had suck. No one is saying that what your saying is wrong however you dont require the BF2 Editor to move BF2 and BF2 SF content to another mod. Its rather simple. Its the fact that there is a EULA that says you can't that keeps peolpe from doing it. Not the Editor.

The new Editor isnt just for SF its also for BF2 vanilla. Its an update you can say. Hopefully to fix a bunch of problems but also to give support for those nightmaps that EA made and would like able to make more night map.

We'll see then. By the way, the only reason i bought expansion pack

1. The new objects
                          2. The night maps

If we could make really good night maps, that'd be awesome. But as someone else mentioned it, there are so many things they need to fix in the real game and in expansion first. some things are not bugs, they are flaws, and they can wait like the bunnyhopping. But there is a new very important problem. The fps drop. Its an amazing issue as it is affecting 90% of the players in nightmaps and in the carrier map and whenever tear gas/flashbank is used in a 64 player server. My fps drops from 70 to 12. I dont really care about bunny hopping (as i told you) and many other things like jets being overpowered or blackhawk being an exploit. If you are a smart player, you will overcome all of those, but this fps thing is very very important and its a huge drawback in the game play.

Comment

That solution has already been solved in another forum in the SF Section.

Comment

Originally posted by TAW_DaSniper
                              That solution has already been solved in another forum in the SF Section.
                              I had done it before. I actually never had any performance issue with vanilla BF2 maps, and any other SF maps except that carrier map.

The carrier map is the only map i had problem, and modifying that .con file didn't fix the problem. I am playing the game on

1600 x 1200
                              High settings
                              32 AA
                              8 AF

And my fps is usually around 70. In that carrier map, it is around 12-15. After changing the .con file now its around 20-25, still not very good.

Oh well, that map isn't that important at all i guess. That plane elevator is so fun. I put C4 there and boooooom! 10 kills in a row. But its so lame. I don't like it at all.

I like the maps like warlord more. Its still has BF2 atmosphere, but at the same time you feel the "special team" situation when playing it. mixture of CSS and BF2.

Comment

Working...
                              X