Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.12 THEN SF download (patching problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.12 THEN SF download (patching problem)

Hi everyone. Ok I downloaded 1.12 last night and installed it fine. Then today I decided to download SF instead of going to the store and buying it because I was in a rush so I made the purchase, started the downloader, and went to class. I came home from my class and installed it from the downloader. It took a while but wasn't bad. Then I get to the part where it says "installing to version 1.1" or something to that effect and it was on that message for like 20 minutes. Finally task manager says "not responding" so I end it and try to open SF which is now in my START menu. It boots me to desktop. BF2 also boots me to desktop.

I have decided now to reinstall the 1.12 patch so I hope that works. In the meantime has anyone tried to install the patch then SF in the order I did and had success?

Re: 1.12 THEN SF download (patching problem)

I also installed 1.12 prior to SF online download, and got an error 5001, or something like that when it was installing SF 1.1 files. I have reinstalled bf2 several times, cleared out my cache, temp files, etc; and still I get the same damn error installing. Any ideas how to fix it, without the big ass word, reformat!?! All help appreciated.

Comment

Can someone please hellp me with this?

Comment

You try uninstall everything BF2->BF2:SF then install BF2->BF2:SF->1.12 patch in that order?

Comment

That's what I am trying now. It is the LONG way around but if it works its cool, I am happy. I will post if it is successful. BTW, it wouldn't let me uninstall BF2: SF without an error so I just uninstalled BF2 and then went in and erased the BF2 file, hehe. Shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

I did the download as well and I had to use patience on install, it took a while to do install everything I guess. Definately let us know if it works or not.

Comment

Working...
            X