Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support

I normally play Assault or Medic, but i recently tried out the Support for once, with the RPK-74. I must say, it tears everything to shreds.

I decided to unlock the PKM, and after using it for a few hours, i feel as if it's not as good as the RPK-74. Anyone else feel the same way?

Re: Support

PKM is the smart mans support gun, for a few reasons.

PKM still has a wide spread of bullets.
    PKM has low rate of fire by comparison.
    PKM over heats at 50% of a clips use.

Putting these three factors together, you might start thinking bad about it, however..

PKM has high bullet penetration, the same level as a tanks.
    PKM deals 45 damage per bullet, kill a man in mere 3 bullets, instead of the 5 or 6 you need with the SAW.
    PKM is very accurate on the first shot, and doesn't create much flash (thereby not inhibiting tracking of targets) so in effect the PKM can be used as a weak sniper rifle (I've done this, it works).

If nothing else the PKM has a very distinctive sound on the battlefield and can be pretty demoralising for an enemy when he knows one is pointed at him.

RPK-74 is a decent enough gun, and I think you'll find yourself using PKM more and more as time goes on, especially instead of the SAW or type-95.

Personally, I dont even use any other gun when I "support", and when I say support, I mean lying down and killing the crap outta the opposition!

Probably my biggest problem with the PKM is its reload time, as a belt fed LMG it takes heaps of time to set up.. in that regard I'd take the RPK anyday.

That being said and done, I am gonna give you a suggestion.. if you play karkand a lot, if you expect to fight in the open (for e.g. near the southern front, in the more open street areas) then use the RPK.. its higher RoF and its spread are best there, after all, people forget what good is a MG if its pinpoint accurate? You've got 100+ bullets for a reason ya know.. anyway, on the anti, if you expect to be fighting in more alleyway-ish settings, or in CC then the PKM is the way to go. You'll rip em apart!

Comment

Re: Support

Thanks for the informative reply!

I do only really play Karkand, or any other street map. Maybe that's why i've been feeling that the RPK-74 is so good. I don't really care if i die anymore, i just love the sound of that PKM.

Most of the time i get M203'd before i even get to fire one shot of the PKM at someone.

Comment

Working...
      X