Installation Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation Error

Well this is just utter complete bulls***. I bought the game, went to install it to the point where it had to patch itself. Then it said I didn't have enough disk space to continue, and it closed me out. WTF! I have around 34 gigabytes of freespace.

Could this be because I have 2 hard drives? BF2 is installed in my D drive which has more than enough space. The C drive barely has any and it is impossible to free up space there because it was made so that there was only enough room to house neccessary programs.

I narrowed it down to more poor god damn planning. If the BF2:SF installer is only going to install the game into the C drive than it is just a steaming pile of s***. It's like EA/DICE never even considered that some people would have more than one hard drive on their computer. I can't even install the 1.12 patch because of this. Battlefield 2 installed in D with plenty of space. Yet anything Special Forces related ONLY looks in C for space to install. Their isn't even a prompt to ask where Battlefield is installed. It automatically checks the C drive. So WTF!

If anyone has a solution to this. I'd be grateful. So ****ed off right now.

EDIT: I found a solution. See below.

Re: Installation Error

Originally posted by Ghost-MOH-
    Well this is just utter complete bulls***. I bought the game, went to install it to the point where it had to patch itself. Then it said I didn't have enough disk space to continue, and it closed me out. WTF! I have around 34 gigabytes of freespace.

Could this be because I have 2 hard drives? BF2 is installed in my D drive which has more than enough space. The C drive barely has any and it is impossible to free up space there because it was made so that there was only enough room to house neccessary programs.

I narrowed it down to more poor god damn planning. If the BF2:SF installer is only going to install the game into the C drive than it is just a steaming pile of s***. It's like EA/DICE never even considered that some people would have more than one hard drive on their computer. I can't even install the 1.12 patch because of this. Battlefield 2 installed in D with plenty of space. Yet anything Special Forces related ONLY looks in C for space to install. Their isn't even a prompt to ask where Battlefield is installed. It automatically checks the C drive. So WTF!

If anyone has a solution to this. I'd be grateful. So ****ed off right now.

Its definetly because of the hardrive thing. Thats why I always install games on default places.

All I can tell u is reformat and re partition.

Comment

i beleive i read for some reason BF:SF FORCES you to use C: for its installation. Fun eh?

Comment

Hey! I found a solution off the EA UK forums.
        Run>Regedit

Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\Curr entVersion
        Do not expand the CurrentVersion tab
        Find ProgramFilesDir on the right hand side
        There should be a default directory of C:\Program Files\
        Change that path to the drive with enough disk space.
        Close the registry to save your settings.

This worked for me perfectly.

*NOTE* It is recommend that you make a backup of your registry before doing this. After you've done what was needed to be done. Open up your registry again and change the file path of ProgramFilesDir back to the original (C:\Program Files\).

Now its time for me to play SF.

Comment

Working...
        X