Problem after installing new patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem after installing new patch

when I installed the new patch last night the game ran fine.This morning I ran it and it worked. After I shut it down, I restared the game and all it did was hang on the BF2 logo screen and wouldn't do anything,so after many trys to get it going I removed the game with the add/remove progams. When I tried to reinstall it my pc cant read the install disc, so now I cant even reinstall!!! any help would be greatly appreciated. It would be nice if EA could make a patch that wouldnt screw everything up,I have had problems with every friggin patch they have put out
    Thanks
    Whoop
    Buffalo Soldiers
    A Trp 1/10th Cav 4th I.D.
    Vietnam 1970

Re: Problem after installing new patch

I'm having almost the same problem. The logo appears, and the screen goes black for a few seconds (as it usually does) and I'm back to the desktop. Crap...

Comment

Try deleting the folders inside ..\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\

When starting up Bf2 again you have to retrieve your account from EA at the logon screen. This creates a you old BF2 account, but with BF2 default settings.

Comment

Didn't solve my problem anyway...

Comment

I had the same same Exact Problem. ALthough deleting the profile folders worked for me. Hopefully you can get your problem resolved soon. Seems more of these cases are starting to surface after the new patch installation.

Comment

i have installed new patch, and when i try start a single player game it goes to background. god i hate the shoddy patches over and over.

Comment

reinstal the whole shalabash.... worked for me...

Comment

lol i will try that now, just got to congratulate you on the word Shalabash :P

thanks

Comment

I tried the uninstall/re-install and it continues to give the same error. "There was an error connecting a socket". Deleted profiles, was only able to play single player mode. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Krypp596
                    reinstal the whole shalabash.... worked for me...
                    yeah thats worked. thanks Krypp

Comment

Originally posted by RSFKevSki
                      I tried the uninstall/re-install and it continues to give the same error. "There was an error connecting a socket". Deleted profiles, was only able to play single player mode. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

I have this error too. I tried reinstalling bf2 and not installing any patches, and that worked. Then I installed 1.03, and it worked too. Then I installed 1.12 and it didnt work at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
                        I have this error too. I tried reinstalling bf2 and not installing any patches, and that worked. Then I installed 1.03, and it worked too. Then I installed 1.12 and it didnt work at all...
                        dont put 1.03 on, just put 1.12 on then it should work

Comment

Originally posted by Gretsch Drummer
                          dont put 1.03 on, just put 1.12 on then it should work
                          Yeah after I installed 1.03 I installed 1.12 and it didnt work, but after that i reinstalled BF2 and only installed 1.12 and it still didn't work...

I did however get BF2 to work. The thing is that i have Zone Alarm installed on my computer, but i never use it because I have a firewall on my router. So anyway I just uninstalled it and magically BF2 and MSN messenger started working again.

Comment

Working...
                          X