EA Marketing is genius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Marketing is genius

Think about it - SF guys can come in and with their shiny new weapons and let non SF owners use them (after you kill them). Now this does 1 of 2 things to most, either totally **** them off like a lot of posts I have seen, or it will make those who hadn't planned to buy it, or were wondering whether or not they should, will most likely buy it since they now get to "try before they buy."

I mean seriously, its $30 people. You have countless hours of entertainment. Can you say you spend $30 on something else that gives you that much fun? You go to an amusement park, pay $50 for a ticket to get in, and you have at most 10 hours of entertainment. Movies are $7-10 for 2 hours of entertainment. Its a small price for 1000's of hours of entertainment.

enuf said

Nod

Re: EA Marketing is genius

It's not brilliant it's exploiting the users of there product and i'm still not going to buy the ****, i will get it by other means as i don't actually want it.

Comment

Im beginning to continue beginning to always hate EA.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho
        It's not brilliant it's exploiting the users of there product and i'm still not going to buy the ****, i will get it by other means as i don't actually want it.

Ok....ok....this is a prime example of of what people precieve to be the problem. When in reality there is no problem, example........I buy a computer.....I get a vanilla system because I did not want to pay for (choice) a better system that can do more. I buy a car without a sunroof because I dont want to pay more (choice) fore a sunroof. I buy a house with 3 bed rooms because I dont want to pay more (choice) for one with 4 bedrooms.

Then I turn around and bitch because I didnt get what I didnt pay for???? Buy it/dont buy it .....quit the bitching either way its your choice to make take some responsibility for that and leave everyone else alone.

P.S.

" i will get it by other means as i don't actually want it."

WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Master Shake
          Ok....ok....this is a prime example of of what people precieve to be the problem. When in reality there is no problem, example........I buy a computer.....I get a vanilla system because I did not want to pay for (choice) a better system that can do more. I buy a car without a sunroof because I dont want to pay more (choice) fore a sunroof. I buy a house with 3 bed rooms because I dont want to pay more (choice) for one with 4 bedrooms.

Then I turn around and bitch because I didnt get what I didnt pay for???? Buy it/dont buy it .....quit the bitching either way its your choice to make take some responsibility for that and leave everyone else alone.

P.S.

" i will get it by other means as i don't actually want it."

WTF?

Well for one your statement is compeltly floored as if BF2 was a car it would be missing the steering wheel, and would break everyday and need to go to mechanics who then break more stuff in the process of fixing the one problem.
          And if i brought a car i wouldn't expect it to have a whole where the sun roof would have been if i had brought it, i would expect it to have a solid roof.

Comment

Originally posted by llenod
            Think about it - SF guys can come in and with their shiny new weapons and let non SF owners use them (after you kill them). Now this does 1 of 2 things to most, either totally **** them off like a lot of posts I have seen, or it will make those who hadn't planned to buy it, or were wondering whether or not they should, will most likely buy it since they now get to "try before they buy."

I mean seriously, its $30 people. You have countless hours of entertainment. Can you say you spend $30 on something else that gives you that much fun? You go to an amusement park, pay $50 for a ticket to get in, and you have at most 10 hours of entertainment. Movies are $7-10 for 2 hours of entertainment. Its a small price for 1000's of hours of entertainment.

enuf said

Nod
            WRONG....you just made **** up off of you assumption of waht you think is so.....

Comment

Originally posted by |^|wulf
              Actually, EA ****ed up. It is possible obtain and retain and use in multiplayer all unlocks in SF without buying the game.

Once everyone figures this out, I'm sure the sales will fall and the gamming community will point their fingers and laugh.

Now you see that would be a hack of the game, as minor as it may be right now. And I am sure if it is as easy as you say it is, then It will be easy for EA to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by |^|wulf
                Actually, EA ****ed up. It is possible obtain and retain and use in multiplayer all unlocks in SF without buying the game.

Once everyone figures this out, I'm sure the sales will fall and the gamming community will point their fingers and laugh.
                OMG people the unlocks that came in patch 1.12 are for everyone...why the phuq do you think the assualt unlock is a FLASH BANG...the FLASH BANG is standard issue in SF....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDonkey
                  WRONG....you just made **** up off of you assumption of waht you think is so.....

Yeah, I am sure that is what it is, whatever you said.

Comment

well i, too, wont be buying the game, but even if i did, i doubt that the unlocks would matter. The game made it so no class could dominate another so each gun has their own weakness and strong points, and in real life army, u chose a gun like m16, learn to use it and u stick with it until the end of the war..usually

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDonkey
                      OMG people the unlocks that came in patch 1.12 are for everyone...why the phuq do you think the assualt unlock is a FLASH BANG...the FLASH BANG is standard issue in SF....
                      So you are saying if you don't purchase SF, then you still can get the unlock. All the other posts seem to contradict this. Do you have some other info on this matter that would be useful?

Comment

Yeah, I am sure that is what it is, whatever you said.
                        You do not need SF to get the unlocks that came with patch 1.12 is what I was alluding to as being wrong

Comment

So you are saying if you don't purchase SF, then you still can get the unlock. All the other posts seem to contradict this. Do you have some other info on this matter that would be useful?
                          Yeah read the the EA release on the patch...also note why would an unlock be standard equipment in SF????????????

Most these other posts are made by assumptions

Comment

I was under the impression that you DO need to own SF. You have to play on a SF ranked server in order to be given the option to unlock those weapons.

In order to play on a SF ranked server, you need to have SF legally installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                              I was under the impression that you DO need to own SF. You have to play on a SF ranked server in order to be given the option to unlock those weapons.

In order to play on a SF ranked server, you need to have SF legally installed.
                              So then tell me why the assault unlock is a FLASH BANG....that is part of the assault kit in BF2: SF???????? huh what you gonna carry 2 now...think before you speak....note you can see this first hand in the BFHQ under the assault unlock

I kinda misunderstood your post I think... but you do need to have the first unlocks before you can unlock anything else with the other kits...

Comment

Working...
                              X