Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flash Bangs -- wow ... has the assault kit just redeemed itself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Bangs -- wow ... has the assault kit just redeemed itself?

So I finally get that SF patch that took about 1.5 hours to download, log into SF, unlock my weapons, then decide to try them out in BF2.

Load up Sharqi Peninsula and decide to see what was available. Looks like you can't use Grappling Hooks, Zip Lines or Tear Gas in Vanilla BF2, but flashbangs are available.

Let me put it this way -- these little items are AWESOME. You get 4 of them I believe (might be 3) but what happens is when you throw one, you actually get a 'hit' indicator if you successfully blind someone, and it leaves them without sight or sound for around 6 seconds [white light accompanied by ringing in ears].

Also another little perk of these, you can blind vehicle pilots [tested on humvees, apcs & tanks]. Simply awesome item. I threw these at some tanks and they just stood there all screwy and some decided to back up into a wall.

Re: Flash Bangs -- wow ... has the assault kit just redeemed itself?

Well, the assault kit was always great, sounds like flashbangs are very useful though.

Against infantry, if you see someone throw one can't you just turn away and not get blinded, though?

Comment

Nope, they're weird, you can't really even just hide behind a wall, you have to be a good distance away, but you still won't be effected badly.

Comment

I turned my back on one this morning and you are still blinded, but the effect doesn't last as long.

I can hear it now -- people will start whining about he Flash Whores.

Comment

Man those things can kick your a**! If used correctly they are REALLY effective for so many purposes.

Comment

Flash Bangs ar hillarious,.... I was sniping on Karkland and there was a big fire fight going on, 2 guys thru flash-bangs and everyone was running aroud firing like crazy at nothing...haha....I picked off 2 guys that were disoriented....but the rest were running into walls and had there guns blazing...

Comment

Originally posted by BRUTALITEEEEEEEEEEEE
              Man those things can kick your a**! If used correctly they are REALLY effective for so many purposes.
              An apahce helicopter was blasting the roof i was on so i hid behind a large wall and tossed a flash....... the shooting stopped and the chopper turned around and flew directly into the water a few meters away... I was like HELL YEAH!!! These things are gonna ROCK!

Comment

Originally posted by wbcninjaofmist
                An apahce helicopter was blasting the roof i was on so i hid behind a large wall and tossed a flash....... the shooting stopped and the chopper turned around and flew directly into the water a few meters away... I was like HELL YEAH!!! These things are gonna ROCK!
                LMAO!! Same thing here.. Tossed one as the heli was trying to cap the highest flag on top of the building. Turned my back as fast as possible. He had no idea what hit him but he found out a few seconds later as he turned and when ass over head into a building.. 'Classic'.:evil: :laugh:

Comment

I turned my back on one this morning and you are still blinded, but the effect doesn't last as long.
                  Turning your back has no effect, it all depends on how close you are to it, at least in the game.

Also, theres a hit indicator? Where?

EDIT: Assault isn't just useful for flashbangs, take away the flashbangs, give me a F2000 and il be happy.

Comment

Also, when you get flashed, your radar gets blinded

Comment

ya FBs own ^^

Comment

Personally they are anoying when they hit ME, but I dont find tehm all that useful, its just easier and/or faster to just go in and blast the enemy heads off with your f2000.

Comment

Dice did a pretty good job as getting the nice balance for how good those flash bangs are. They blind for a nice amount of time and they get a ringing in there ears. Best part as wbcninjaofmist said is those copter whores can finally get countered some how.

Comment

Originally posted by Alcorr
                            Turning your back has no effect, it all depends on how close you are to it, at least in the game.

Also, theres a hit indicator? Where?

EDIT: Assault isn't just useful for flashbangs, take away the flashbangs, give me a F2000 and il be happy.
                            When you throw a flashbang, watch your crosshairs

Basically when the flashbang goes off, if no one ELSE is within blinding range, nothing will happen [assuming you don't blind yourself]

However if you throw a flashbang and someone is within range of it, you will notice a litt 'X' on your crosshairs, indicating a 'hit' or successful blinding.

Comment

I agree these are really handy. But kinda sucks even if you arent looking at the grenade you still get affected. Kinda too powerfull I think. Also your only hope is to try and follow the map away from danger, as even the hud disapears and all the icons on the map.

Comment

Working...
                              X