patching failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patching failed

You got to love those whackheads (I think thats the right term) who created that patch. Not only does it insist on having 3GB free disk-space on your system partition - instead of the one where the temp directory or BF2 is located. It also fails 100% on my system. I reinstalled -PLAIN- BF2, no mods, no patches nothing. The patcher starts rumbling .. and after 1-2 minutes it says "Patching failed." Leaving me with a unuseable BF2 install which closes itself after a few seconds.
    great work! WE LOVE YOU DIEACE

Re: patching failed

Drevor, for the 1.03 patch you needed 2Gb. This time you need about 3.5Gb so nothing much has really changed. Besides that there's been a sticky on TotalBF2 letting people know since last week that we'd need at least 3Gb free on C:

If you do have 3.5Gb and still get the error then try turning off any antivirus and try the patch again. Also a defrag *could* help you too as the error is normally due to a md5 hash failing.

Comment

yeah .. I figured that myself ... with the 5th try I disabled NortonAV auto protect and succeeded patching. NAV is a VERY unusual piece of software so EA doesnt really need to test their patcher vs that ... right?

btw: my vanialla BF2 install is less than 3 GB ... assuming that it creates a copy of each file while patching (which it doesnt) 3.5GB is still too much

Comment

Your install is less than 3Gb because most of the files are compressed. The patch takes 500Mb zipped files, decompresses them, adds the new info and then recompresses.

Comment

Working...
        X