CTD/Crash Reboots Comp BF2:SF and Patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTD/Crash Reboots Comp BF2:SF and Patches

I currently have a friend who needs some serious help too help find out what this problem is.

Setup:
    DFL Lan Party 939 Board
    AMD64 3000+
    Nvidia EVGA 256MB 7800GT (Tweaks R Us Drivers 81.95)
    WinXP Pro SP2 Fully Updated
    2 Gig Geil Ram
    36 Gig 10K Raptor Drive
    200 Gig IDE Drive
    Fresh install of XP 2 days olds

This happens whenever he trys to load a night map on the new expansion. Doesn't matter which one.
    It will crash at 15% or 47% to the desktop of reboot his system entirely. An image of the error he is getting is at http://www.macsog.com/images/crash.jpg
    We tried lowering ALL the ingame settings and nothing helped. I repeat this ONLY happens on NIGHT maps. Funny thing is I have a lower system with a 6600GT and mine doesnt crash like this. Does anyone have ideas or have a simliar issue after getting the expansion. Please any help would be appreciated.

Re: CTD/Crash Reboots Comp BF2:SF and Patches

No Help?

Comment

Tried offical NVIDIA Forceware 81.95 WHQL 32/64-Bit samething.

Comment

Solution for CTD/Mid Level Load Crashes SF XPack MUST READ Fixed My Bud's Problem.

Here is the story:

I dled the game from EA and then ran the 1.2 patch. And my game runs crash free besides the occasional CTD that BF2 has always had. My friends comp bought the disc installed then SF XPack and patched 1.2. His game would CTD or reboot his computer always at the game loading screen especially for a NIGHT map (Single or Multi). We tried everything from:

New Drivers Chipset, Video, Sound.
        Reinstall BF2 and XPack.
        Mem Test.
        Video Card Bios Flash.
        Everything we aren't computer newbies and knew how to troubleshoot since we do it everyday in our job.
        So nothing worked at all to solve his issues. EXCEPT

We decided to try copying files from my computer which was working. We copied all the zip files from c:\program files\EA Games\battlefield 2\mods\xpack\

Files Replaced and Overrite:
        Common_Client
        Common_Server
        Fonts_Client
        Fonts_Server
        Menu_Client
        Menu_Server
        Objects_Client
        Objects_Server
        Shaders_Client
        And the ENTIRE LEVELS FOLDER

Once all this was overrite run the game in BF2SF mode and try a new map. It took a while to optimize shaders and thought it was going to crash but it finally LOADED. And worked. If anyone has a friend whos game seems to be working fine try this method and maybe this will solve your problem. I hope this helps out some of you having these same types of issues loading any of the new maps.

Comment

i have that same problem. it will load a night map, click to start playing at the bottom right then it freezes before the weapon/spawn selection screen can pull up. one time i got it to go past weapon selection and it froze as the rifle was coming up to level. this with my ither problems is pi#@!ng me off.

my other problem if you can help ... http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43340

Comment

if you could send me the files you changed that work i will try what you did.

Comment

Working...
            X