Please insert correct CD error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please insert correct CD error

Okay, first I must state that this problem is not mine but my friends so I don't have all the details as to his system setup.

::Problem::

When he tries to launch BattleField2 he gets the "Please make sure that the Battlefield2 Install disc is in". He presses okay and checks, its the install disc. So he tries again, and again.... And one more time for good measure.... And like 500 more times. It won't work.

I've had this problem with other EA games in the past, (ex. BF42) and the only fix I could find was a **** Patch.

Does anyone have any clues as to how to fix this without geting an ICO of the disc or using a **** Patch??

Thanks in advance

Re: Please insert correct CD error

BF2 scans for ISO programs (emulation programs) and won't run if they are detected so no, it wouldn't work even with a ***** patch (unless someone found a workaround).

That being said, make sure his disc doesn't have any fingerprints etc, on it. Also has he tried a different drive? It could just be a read error on the drives part.

Comment

Yah, I know about the emulation software problem. But his computer doesn't have any, yet I do on mine and it runs fine *Shrug*. Also, the CD is clean and we also tried using my install disc ot run it... Both of his drives aswell. So I'm thinking its the game

Comment

Did he buy the DVD disk? If that's the case, make sure he has a DVD drive.

Comment

No, it's the CD version... We're going to try uninstalling and cleaning out the registry and deleting all the files incase that might be the problem... Hopefully that'll fix it.

Comment

i too have this prob but with the dvd version, wondering if its my dvd-rw? used to be able to play the game though....but after a format it failed to work anymore :-(

Comment

Using Daemon Tools and a mounted mini-image works perfectly and eliminates any and all CD/DVD/drive/copy-protection related problems

Comment

Yep, If all else failes try using a mini image, mount it with Daemon tools 4 and your game will load faster too.

Comment

A ***** patch is different from a mini-image. Try not to get them confused.

Comment

using a mini image, cheers guys. saves having to keep inserting the cd i gues which is always a good thing, will stop it getting so scratched.

Comment

Working...
                    X