Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you go back to 1.03 after installing 1.12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you go back to 1.03 after installing 1.12?

Well i tried out 1.12 but dont really like how it puts the ppl without SF at a big disadvantage (ex. getting FB) when it comes to gear.

i tried reinstallined 1.03 but it didnt roll back, anyway to go back to 1.03 without having to uninstall BF2 and installing everything again?

thanks

Re: how do you go back to 1.03 after installing 1.12?

try google the question, but i dont think u can roll back the version w/o reinstalling the game.

Comment

i will have to reinstall the game..but save your profile at the end of the uninstalling..so u will lose nothing(button configuration/video+audio setting etc)..ive done it so many tiles hehhe

Comment

Stupid question but let me ask, when i install this patch to the normal bf 2 game, do i have to reinstall the patch when i install special forces?
        if so how do i do it

Comment

If you don't install the 1.12 patch you will be unable to join gameservers as they are rapidly upgrading to 1.12.

If you install the 1.12 patch now, and later install bf2:sf, you will need to install the patch one more time. How you do it? Run the installer, as you did the first time you installed the 1.12 patch.

Comment

Had a feeling that was the answer, well thank you so damn much i feel relieved and sorry about that its just that theres been so many muck ups with it.

Comment

amazing how you install the patch a 2nd time by ... running the patch exe. GENIUS!!

common sense ++

Comment

Originally posted by Carwash
                amazing how you install the patch a 2nd time by ... running the patch exe. GENIUS!!

common sense ++
                Maybe, however to help him/her out I felt it was better to answer the question than question his/her intellect, or yours for that matter.

Comment

as the question had already been answered, why waste my time repeating what you'd said?

Instead ... i took the ****

Comment

Why would you wanna go back to 1.03, heck, by tonight there will be very few 1.03 servers left....get used to 1.12 and the extra SF weapons, its here to stay.

Besides, kill one of them and take their kit I got to try out the F2000 that way last night...

Comment

can you not go back to 1.03 by using the community tab in the game??

Comment

No. the community tab is for mods only. (a guess)

After the 1.03 patch was released there were only 15 1.02 servers still running 2 weeks later. If people really want to reinstall BF2 and just play with 1.03 then go ahead, but don't expect too much company

Comment

This is EA's way of cohercing everyone into buying the expansion pack. People will feel like they're at a disadvantage because the new kits get additional equipment.

That said, I am thankful that EA decided to integrate the expansion into vanilla BF2. There's no need to totally split the community based on who bought the expansion.

Comment

The point is mute.
                            To be able to play on ranked servers you must go to 1.12.

They are going to get their money one way or another.
                            I used the downloader with all the guys in lines for X360's it was better than going to the store.

Besides BF 2 was begining to get old so this will add some new blood.

But I do agree the public mods will be better.

Comment

Originally posted by FearedSniper.AE
                              Stupid question but let me ask, when i install this patch to the normal bf 2 game, do i have to reinstall the patch when i install special forces?
                              if so how do i do it

This is not a stupid question, and thinking about it I have no idea, but reinstalling the patch would do no harm... Infact I would say that you would definately have to...

But on the other hand the expansion patches the system to 1.1 so I do know if having the 1.12 patch on there will screw it up...

Originally posted by <EsP>Fury
                              The point is mute.
                              Sorry to do this but...

The point is moot not mute...

Comment

Working...
                              X