Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SF weapons. vanilla bf2 with sf weapons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF weapons. vanilla bf2 with sf weapons.

Can someone please shed some light on the entire arsenal BF2:SF offers? shoulder fired weaponry only please(including rockets).

Are all SF weapons available in vanilla?

can anyone comment on the characteristics of the RPG-7V.

Is the Digital download of BF2:SF that im sure their offering worth it?

i must say this game has turned out to be tempting and would love any information you may provide.

See you on the battlefield.

Re: SF weapons. vanilla bf2 with sf weapons.

Full list is basically the vanilla weapons, the vanilla unlocks (which act in the same way as normal) and the below (which are normal weapons for the SEALs and SAS factions, not unlocks)...

Plus teargas for support (great effects), zip line for spec ops and sniper, and grapple for AT and Assault. Assault gets the flashbang (which is fun)...

The list available as additional unlocks in vanilla is:

Engineer - MP7
    Spec Ops - SCAR-L
    Medic - G36E
    Support - MG36
    Assault - F2000 (w/ built in grenade launcher) plus flashbangs...

Tear gas, zip lines and grapple do not make it into vanilla...

The RPG is a blast, it is not steerable, it is a rocket, but is travels faster than the normal AT missle I think...

Not sure about the download, I simply went to ebGames and picked up a copy...

Comment

I dont like the rpg. Maybe because u cant guide it like the shoulder missles now. I have also found it to be in accurate when shooting med range sems to drop fast.
      defenently

Comment

thats because RPG's suck in real life 2. if it was a real one it would just bounce off the tanks, and have about a 40% chance of going in the general direction you pointed it in.

Comment

RPG7 isnt a long range weapon, although im pretty sure it goes farther than what bf2 depicts. The steering malarky with the french eryx and US sraw really got on my nerves. good old fashioned high explosives strapped to a very large rocket is all i need. not some stupid guiding doohicky and lasers. i really wish the RPG was usable in vanilla bf2, maybe unlock for AT kit. it would surely brighten my day.

the new equipment sounds interesting. I fear it might turn a modern battlefield into a playground though with men climbing and zipping around on stuff. would be funny.

im happy and dissapointed with this expansion. i think their excuse of "It's not Half-assed, its arcadish fun!". you can do a better job at this game and still retain the unrealistic arcade type deal.

I am curious as to what the Middle easter\asian special forces kits are. they do not have any new weapons at all? save for the RPG. spetznaz dont get any new shoulder fired weapon eh?

i have the feeling some total conversion will deliver way more content than this pricey piece. never the less im sure it will find its way onto my hard-drive soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotizi
            thats because RPG's suck in real life 2. if it was a real one it would just bounce off the tanks, and have about a 40% chance of going in the general direction you pointed it in.
            Pretty fkn amazing bang-for-the-buck I say

http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl02-e.htm

Comment

RPGs dont suck. Russias latest weaponry and ammunition can destroy an MBT. you think the only round for the RPG is the PG7VL. If it sucked that bad m1 abrams in iraq wouldnt be knocked out all the time. knocking out a tank doesnt mean it has to turn into a fireball spraying hunks of metal everywhre. Get your head outa the ground "0mg Li3k th3 RpGz SuX l0lz"

It almost never bounces off tanks. if it does it doesnt mean the tank is that good. it means you were dumb enough to fire below the minimum engage range. RPG rounds will not detonate below the minimum engage range. they will also explode after travelling past the maximum engage range.

Comment

Is the Digital download of BF2:SF that im sure their offering worth it?

Yes I got it, its teh same as buying it from a store.

m1 abrams in iraq wouldnt be knocked out all the time.
                They aren't knocked out all the time, to the contrary they are only destroyed (most of the time) in Iraq by roadside b0mbs hitting thier undersides or if they drive over weak bridges.

Comment

again, your thinking of totally annihilating a tank. destroying it to an extent its not repairable. you can knock out a tank and have it be repaired and fielded again in less than a week. so yes your correct the RPG7 to my knowledge never obliterated an M1 abrams before. It has knocked out, disabled , scrapped many abrams.

Comment

Working...
                  X