Can't join Online Servers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't join Online Servers???

Donwloaded BF2 SF...and the new patch 1.12..so far so good...

But now..each time in try to play online... the game is about to start and then i get disconnected with something saying that this server can only accept "unmodified content"....

i don't have any mods installed....hey.. i don't even know how to install some haha!!

Can someone help me here?

I WANT TO PLAY!!!

Re: Can't join Online Servers???

im having the same problem and am looking to these forums 4 help.
    i installed the game and the patch , the singleplayer game works fine.but when i connect to a server,it loads the map says verifying client data and the join tab appears in the lower right hnd corner but when i click it it kicks me back to the screen where you can pick a server, and shows a window that says''this server only allows players with unmodified content to join please revert your version to the origional version to join " can someone please help b4 i throw my pc in the toilet

Comment

Did you install the 1.12 patch AFTER you installed SF?

Unmodified content = you having different files than the server expects to find and is sometimes corrected by reinstalling the patch (1.12) until it goes away.

Comment

thanx for the reply, it took me 4 times to install the patch......even though the 3 times before it said patch installed successfully that was the prob. so anyone else having this prob install the patch over and over till it works.

Comment

i'm having the same problem, even after uninstalling BF2-SF and BF2 and just trying to run plain old BF2.

Comment

Same problem here. Reinstalled, cleaned my registry. Did everything under the sun except for formatting. Guess I'll go with running the patch about 5 more times like the other guy, this also happened to me on 1.02. I "lucked out" because there was other things that required me to format my computer at that time, so I was lucking out.

Comment

Having same problem(ie Can't join original BF2 servers). I patched up BF2 yesterday, bought BF2:SF today; installed and patched up again(cause I read somewhere here thats what you have to do). So what you're saying is keep reinstalling the New Patch until it works, right? Could I(though I don't want to) uninstall everything, then reinstall BF2 w/ 1.03, then SF, then New Patch. Would that be better, or does it matter, or will I probably end up having to do as you mentioned anyway cause this is a Product of EA.

T

Comment

well i ran the patch like 5 times like the guy above me, didnt seem to do much, i DID find a server that would let me in, but thats the exception to the rule. At this point I'm downloading the patch directly from EA, and strangely enough it does not seem like the same patch.... *sigh* 35k a second, thanks EA, its going to be a loooong thanksgiving.

Comment

Working...
                X