• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Cry For Help....

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Some Pls Help.... for my last try AT BF2
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Every time i load a map i lag so much at every part of the map that its so hard to play the game when i join a server and move my mouse i lag at everything i look at , till i have gone passed the objects that i have seen before i will not lag... this means every part of the sea... every dot in the sand... every mark in someones gun...

MY SYSTEM SPEC'S

Intel Pentium 4
    GeForce 6200
    512 of ram
    DVD Drive 52x Speed
    CD Burner

If someone else is reading this and has had the same prob or knows how to help me over come this pls post i need your help more than ever now...

If you need more info on my spec i will send i pic in....
    :cry: For the mean time i am going to have to be playing css...

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&
    My Xfire: thebestheadshotaround
    My Email: Flying_pizza@hotmail.co.uk
    My Other Email: flyingpizza5@gmail.com
    *&*&*&*&*&**&*&*&*&*&**&*&*&*&*&

Re: Last Cry For Help....

Originally posted by Sir. Headshot
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Some Pls Help.... for my last try AT BF2
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Every time i load a map i lag so much at every part of the map that its so hard to play the game when i join a server and move my mouse i lag at everything i look at , till i have gone passed the objects that i have seen before i will not lag... this means every part of the sea... every dot in the sand... every mark in someones gun...

MY SYSTEM SPEC'S

Intel Pentium 4
    GeForce 6200
    512 of ram
    DVD Drive 52x Speed
    CD Burner

If someone else is reading this and has had the same prob or knows how to help me over come this pls post i need your help more than ever now...

If you need more info on my spec i will send i pic in....
    :cry: For the mean time i am going to have to be playing css...

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&
    My Xfire: thebestheadshotaround
    My Email: Flying_pizza@hotmail.co.uk
    My Other Email: flyingpizza5@gmail.com
    *&*&*&*&*&**&*&*&*&*&**&*&*&*&*&
    ur video card could be one of the reasons, but mainly it's due to low memory. After BF2 is fully loaded, it can be as big as 800MB in ur RAM. that was the figure i got from the demo long time ago. it seems that DICE did some effort to try improving the memory usage in the patches. but i think you still need at least 1GB RAM to run it decently. 2GB will ensure that there wont be any problems caused by RAM. (as long as u get the matched ones if u are running dual channels on ur computer) but i still would like to suggest u get a better video card though. according to the symptom u've described, i believe it's ur RAM. but old video cards will cause low fps, which is another kind of "lag" as some ppl called.

Comment

But it should not be this bas with 512 MB of ram, as the minimun spacs are 512, and the game has to be able to run reasonable at those specs otherwise EA/DICE get sewed. Im not sure about your vid card...

Comment

Originally posted by Blak_Pheonix_MB
        But it should not be this bas with 512 MB of ram, as the minimun spacs are 512, and the game has to be able to run reasonable at those specs otherwise EA/DICE get sewed. Im not sure about your vid card...
        yeah it's officially stated that the minimum requirements is 512 MB RAM. but u know, most "minimum requirements" of systems or games are just technically possible for the game to run at all low settings. (note, this doesnt mean you are garanteed problem-free). and also, there are usually some "garbage" processes in ur RAM after you've been using the system for a while. every bit of them is using ur system resources.

Comment

His video card is fine... I had a 5200 barley ran on that sucker, but anyways get some more ram and maybe depends on your internet for laggage.

Comment

More RAM will help. Get some Corsair Value Select. Its good RAM for a good price.

Comment

Hmmm....

Comment

There's tons of variables: 1)What settings are you playing at? 2)What settings do you want to be ABLE to play at? 3)How fast is your internet connection? Even if you have dsl or cable, connectivity might be poor in your area. Do an online test. 4)How big are the maps you're connecting to? How many players are in the maps? 5)You gave very general specs. What frequency is your processor running out? What are your ram timings?

Bottom line is that theres tons of reasons your game can be lagging. If you take someones advice and buy new ram or a new videocard, you will most likely be disappointed. Just popping new hardware into your computer without knowing the real reason will result in wasted money and continued poor peformance. I've had the computer in my signature for a couple months now and only yesterday did I finally figure out that my processor was my bottleneck. After optimizing windows, updating my bios, and overclocking my processor did everything finally click into place. Total cost for having poor graphics and poor play to highest settings and zero lag: $0. I've spent hours upon hours researching my hardware and computer optimization to get here, but it was worth it (and free). As long as you meed the minimum requirements you should be able to play on the lowest settings with minimal lag in 1 player mode. Check the minimum requirements for the servers you are trying to connect to. Some will most likely require higher settings than single player mode. Some great guides at tweakguides.com, specifically the "Tweaking Companion" (free, 167pgs, priceless)

Comment

I agree with ^.

Put all settings on low and don't even think about a 64 person server. 32 will be fine. I had 512, with the ATIx300 and I had a lot of lag, within the first 2-5 secs of the game...but then the pc will catch up. Keep your Distance or visibility setting (I forget) at around 80 or 90%.

Or...buy more ram, night and day at from 512 to 1 Gig...but I'd go 1.5 or higher.

Comment

I still get a lag when I first enter a map. (I've only done offline play so far). I don't let it bother me anymore. My fps quickly climbs and the rest of the game is fine. The first couple of seconds aren't that important. It's easy to get caught up in tiny stuff like that especially if you've spent a lot on your computer and even moreso if you see people online praising their (insert same computer part you have here) for their 90fps while that same part gets you 20. It's not the part, it's the whole. Hell, I gained 10fps by turning ECC off in my bios. I figured that anything I didn't understand in my bios was better left alone. Figured all the technical stuff was automatic, but that one setting severely held my $250 ram back. Knowing your system is priceless. Good luck

Comment

The Thing is that i still lag in 1 player but not as bad

Comment

could be your cpu and/or memory. What freq is your pentium 4? BF2 requires at least a 1.7

Comment

to the ppl who are questioning his internet, read his first post, it's obviously not his internet. the lag caused by "internet", "video card" and "RAM" are different and very easy to observe.

Trust me, it's ur RAM.

*EDIT* a side note, i used to have 512MB RAM back when i was playing demo, i didnt lag as much as u do. so as jofaba said, what P4 is urs?

Comment

hmmmm im going to get some more ram

Comment

Working...
                            X