Anti Air Humvee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti Air Humvee

Should be incorporated into BF2 lol, Only if they are as effective as shown, of course they won't be....

Re: Anti Air Humvee

Hmmm, Nobody liked

Comment

I do. I also think they should have TOW humvees. I think they shouldve kept the big variety of vehicles they had before it was all taken out for balance.

Comment

I liked the vid. Yep. Anti Air humvees would be nice. Though as for the AA situation right now, I doubt it would be much use against aircraft more than the other vehicles. But it sure looks badass! (And I am glad you called it a humvee and not a hummer.)

Comment

I really like the idea of being able to change around the mounted weapons for the vehicles. If you could switch between Heavy Machine guns, Light machine guns, AT missiles or AA missiles.

It would be even SWEETER, if you could scale up or down the armor of the transport vehicles as you swap with the weapons, BUT give each vehicle a weight restriction, that includes passengers weight. Think of the combinations.

Tank chaser: Medium-heavy armor, Seats Driver and gunner only medium speed, Carries TOW.
          AA: Light Armor, Seats Driver and Gunner, very fast, carries AA stingers
          Heavily Armored Transport: Heavy Armor, Seats 5 including driver and gunner, Very Slow, Carries LMG.

The possibilities are endless.

Comment

Sure, portable AA other that linebackers, etc. would be nice, but if people are complaining about airpower ruining the game, I think this would make it worse. Since the Humvee has practically no armour, think how easily the jet would kill you. Before you could even lock on you would be shot through the face, and then bombed of the face of the planet. Not to mention the fact that infantry would own you 9/10 times before that would happed. An assualt with m203/gp would take you out with two noob tubes

P.S.-
            Originally posted by Animalmother
            I also think they should have TOW humvees.
            sorry for being a n00b, but what does TOW mean?

Comment

Originally posted by x.Swagger.x

P.S.-

sorry for being a n00b, but what does TOW mean?

Comment

the anti air humvee is better known as the avenger. just a FYI

Comment

TOW means Tube Launched Optically Guided Weapon.

Oh and if they brought in a AA Humvee it would be the Avenger, which could hold three peeps : The Driver, Co Driver and Turrent Gunner. The Turrent has 2 quad AIM-92 Stinger II packs and a M-2 12.7 MG mounted between the left pack and the turrent.

I think the Avenger would do a lot better if they let it keep it's Humvee speed, the reason why the Armored AA is getting plastered is because their so damn slow. When a MBT is faster then you, there are problems.

Comment

If they want to stay accurate, the Avenger uses a 2-man crew, driver and turret operator. Usually the turret operator sits co-driver in the cab of the Hummer since there isn't much air-flow in the turret. It has 2x4 Stinger pods and 2 50-cal. machine guns on either side. The turret of the Avenger can also be operated by a wire-remote device. Useful for not getting killed for trying to shoot down a plane. I would like to see them put this in the game and make the Bradley Linebackers in the game have TOW pods instead of Stinger pods. Those Bradleys need more anti-tank capabilities. I was on a Bradley for 4 years in Air Defense and we never had a Stinger pod on it. (Mostly we couldn't get the Linebackers because it was too expensive). We instead had a Stinger dismount team. Why not have a free unlock for the Anti-Tank kit for a shoulder-mounted Stinger. That way they can choose between Anti-Tank and Anti-Air.

Comment

They do have TOW-Humvees. It's called Battlefield 2: Special Forces, and they are pretty sweet.

Comment

PoE will fix the AA problem. This vehicle was also in the release for BFV before they began to work on BF2 engine.

Allez à la découverte des meilleurs jeux de survie à couper le souffle !

Comment

Jeeps with AA missiles could be interesting, although the same fragile, easily killed turret as the 2-missile turret, at least you can be on the move and make it A BIT difficult for jets to kill you...

Now comes the question, weather or not you need a second person to man the missiles while another is driving. If you only need 1 man to do both, its pretty difficult to drive and aim at the same time, and most of the time he would have to stop to lock > turning him into just another free kill.

On the other hand, if you need 2 person to do the job, it might be a bit difficult for jets to kill you with guns (althoug bombs can do the trick qutie easily), when he does kill you he gets 2 free kills.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverHawk
                            TOW means Tube Launched Optically Guided Weapon.

Oh and if they brought in a AA Humvee it would be the Avenger, which could hold three peeps : The Driver, Co Driver and Turrent Gunner. The Turrent has 2 quad AIM-92 Stinger II packs and a M-2 12.7 MG mounted between the left pack and the turrent.

I think the Avenger would do a lot better if they let it keep it's Humvee speed, the reason why the Armored AA is getting plastered is because their so damn slow. When a MBT is faster then you, there are problems.
                            JESUS CHRIST IT'S CALLED A TURRET NOT A TURRENT! T.U.R.R.E.T! HOW MANY PEOPLE WANT TO SPELL IT LIKE A SPASTIC!?

Comment

Originally posted by Ashdown
                              JESUS CHRIST IT'S CALLED A TURRET NOT A TURRENT! T.U.R.R.E.T! HOW MANY PEOPLE WANT TO SPELL IT LIKE A SPASTIC!?
                              "Hi, pot? This is kettle. You're black!"

Comment

Working...
                              X