Why???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why???

I now this has been a couple of times before but i have never got the answer i needed.

Why can't i install the patches the original way? whats makes some people can and som can't??

is it because of my OS, im using windows XP pro

I have manage to install them via "cmd", but i cant install SF using this method

Re: Why???

The original way being?

Comment

Not your OS, its a crappy download and install that EA uses.

Comment

But some people don't have this problems why, is there anything i can change in my OS, settings so o can install it the original way???

If i can't install it the original way i wont be able to install SF or enyone else who cant install it the original way

Original way= just double tap on the patch and it self install it self

Please help!!!!

Comment

I remember the previous patch, there were many people that had this problem. My guess is that they will have the same problem now.
          So, when more people have bought the game and find out that they can't install it, they will complain and EA eventually have to do something to fix this

Comment

its not fast enough, my clan are going to play the first match on thursday, i have to get it to work until then,

any suggestions welcome

Comment

Guess what! Someone has come up with a solution

Dandy: Check this link from bf2.se forums http://www.bf2.se/forums.php?m=posts&q=5859

It´s just to create another account (admin) in windows and then install the patch/game. Then you can switch back to your normal account and delete the other one that you just created.

Now I just got to download the 1.12 patch and start playing

Comment

Oj en landsman, du läste om mitt problem på BF2.se, tack så jätte mycket för hjälpen!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vidh
                  Guess what! Someone has come up with a solution

Dandy: Check this link from bf2.se forums http://www.bf2.se/forums.php?m=posts&q=5859

It´s just to create another account (admin) in windows and then install the patch/game. Then you can switch back to your normal account and delete the other one that you just created.

Now I just got to download the 1.12 patch and start playing
                  Hejsan

In 1.03 the cd-key was encrypted with information from the Windows account where you installed from, meaning that it would only work in that Windows account.
                  If you tried using it in another Windows account than the one you patched in, you would get invalid cd-key.

So now it would no longer be the case, that the cd-key only works in the Windows account where you patched?

Have you tried joining an online game, from the 'old' Windows account and seeing if it causes invalid cd-key, because you patched in the other Windows account??

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny Highway
                    Hejsan

In 1.03 the cd-key was encrypted with information from the Windows account where you installed from, meaning that it would only work in that Windows account.
                    If you tried using it in another Windows account than the one you patched in, you would get invalid cd-key.

So now it would no longer be the case, that the cd-key only works in the Windows account where you patched?

Have you tried joining an online game, from the 'old' Windows account and seeing if it causes invalid cd-key, because you patched in the other Windows account??
                    Hej

No I haven't tried it yet. I'm downloading the 1.12 patch at the moment and I've only tried playing singleplayer. So maybe it won't work to play in multiplayer by installing it this way? :hmm: I hope not, but if it doesn't work, well then I don't know what else to do

Edit: That "someone" I refered to in my previous topic wasn't me :P I found the solution on bf2.se, I don't want any credit for it

Comment

Originally posted by Vidh
                      Hej

No I haven't tried it yet. I'm downloading the 1.12 patch at the moment and I've only tried playing singleplayer. So maybe it won't work to play in multiplayer by installing it this way? :hmm: I hope not, but if it doesn't work, well then I don't know what else to do

Edit: That "someone" I refered to in my previous topic wasn't me :P I found the solution on bf2.se, I don't want any credit for it
                      Well if it is as I fear, then just use the account to play in where it works, the new one.

You can carry over all your settings from one Windows account to another, by going into Start Menu -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Files and Settings Transfer Wizard and exporting your settings into a folder, and then going into the new Windows account but then importing the settings instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny Highway
                        Well if it is as I fear, then just use the account to play in where it works, the new one.

You can carry over all your settings from one Windows account to another, by going into Start Menu -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Files and Settings Transfer Wizard and exporting your settings into a folder, and then going into the new Windows account but then importing the settings instead.
                        Yea, I thought I would use the account I installed it with... Only problem is I deleted it

Oh well, I can install the game again, with the patch this time.
                        Thanks, I'll try that transfer wizard, just hope it works.

Comment

Well i got it installed with a new account but still wont connect to the server, it says server refused connection?

Comment

Working...
                          X