water..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water..

Hmm my water doesnt seem to be compiling right. I must be doing something wrong because i don't beleive it ever has for any map i have made. It usually has some black part to it. Maybe i just have it set up wrong in the tweak bar. I guess i should just copy some water settings for one of the vanilla bf2 maps? How do i do this?

Re: water..

1. Open the directory of the map that you want to have the their water files to be copied.
    2. Unzip the file"water.con" from Server.zip, and put it in the root directory of the folder "Your_level".
    3. Now you need to have the environment file.

- Load your map in the map editor
    - Under the Level Editor, from the Resource window drag the file “DefaultEnvMap” under the directory bf2\content\objects\common\, and drop it to your map
    - Click Compile/Envmaps/Generate Envmaps from the top menu bar - Save all
    - Now you should see the file EnvMap0.dds under your level directory: mods\bf2\Levels\Your_Level\Envmaps\
    - Copy the file to this directory: mods\bf2\Levels\Your_Level\Water\, then rename the file from EnvMap0.dds to EnvMap.dds
    Then you should have all water settings from the other map.

Comment

Yea ok now i have mashturr city reflected in my water! WHAAA? LOL. Whats worse, is that the black line is still there. Anyone know what causes this please?

Comment

Oh yea and do i have to recompile to get the water to change?

Comment

Working...
        X