X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dvd Bf2 Problems

Sorry if this has been posted before.

OK SO THIS IS THE PROBLEM:

The main menu works great once i get in a game it works, mostly... but loading the game its like the DVD is skipping its all choppy, then when I enter the multiplayer menu it chops out and I cant search anything so I can only connect by ip and that sucks because if its full its hard to retry and plus even connecting by ip its all choppy and its really hard to type. DVDs work fine in my drive, my bf2 DVD is NOT scratched one bit I don’t get it...
    Secondly other DVD’s and CD's work great in except this one.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is there a Fix?

Can you send your DVD back to Ea for an exchange?

Re: Dvd Bf2 Problems

Comment

Rgr, i'll submit the system info after work

Comment

Attached the DxDiag as a .txt file, otherwise the post ends up being like 20 inches long and its a pain to scroll through all that for people.

Comment

BTW this is one of my teammates comp. His words follow:

1. http://www.keepmyfile.com/download/0f2f88211219

2. Tried updating my video drivers ALWAYS! run into problems they never install correctly and it usually makes performance terrible
          MOBO drivers are from the CD that I got when I purchased, same with sound

3. no antivirus or antispyware running

4. DVD seems to skip, other DVD's, burning, playing, etc work fine, BF2 doesn't it loads up and the EA, DICE, and movie, are very choppy as if it's skipping reaches the log in menu and is smooth log in smoothly, until i click multiplayer then (it would seem) the video in the background skips and I am unable to search servers due to IMMENSE LAG!!! Connected to a server it will lag every once and a while especially when I first connect but usually dies down in less than 5 minutes. (Obviously I don't have the greatest of video cards so I don't/didn't expect perfect smooth game play.)

DVD has MINIMAL to no scratches quality 9.9/10, it basically lived(s) in my DVD drive and if it wasn't in there it was in its case
          what I did notice though is that it seems about 3 quarters of the disc is sort of clouded over as if it has been reading that certain area really hard almost burning it? i have never had this happen to any of my other CD's/DVD's though

any/all help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

You answered what the problems are yourself.

1) The chipset drivers from the CD are outdated mostly at the day of purchase.

Download nforce2 chipset drivers here:

2) Video drivers are from 2003, probably because they don't get installed correctly as you say.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling this way with drivercleaner:

Get latest ATI drivers from http://www.ati.com

There are probably also never drivers for SB LIVE! soundcard at:

NOTE that the Live link above is for SB Live! if you have Live 24bit or Live 5.1 there might be other drivers for these.

If you use SB Live! as soundcard, disable the onboard sound card in BIOS if possible.

Comment

Working...
            X