Popular MODS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popular MODS

Hey im looking for some popular MODS that are out right now...

also when will PoE, FH come out?

Re: Popular MODS

Check out Project Reality. www.realitymod.com

Comment

Yea that's about it.

Comment

the wait for these mods is painfull

esp PoE

Comment

I agree with Happy, Project Reality rocks!

No need to wait any longer, it's here and it could possibly change the way you play BF2 forever!

Comment

PR is awesome, the only matter is I cant find servers to play.

I'm from Brazil and the only server has good ping to me is GloryHoundz and it's always empty.

Comment

Give it time ROTOLOki. What ping do you normally get on other servers by the way? 100-120 shouldn't be too problematic.

And yes, PR + the new AAS game mode is something godly

Comment

Originally posted by artnez.com
                Give it time ROTOLOki. What ping do you normally get on other servers by the way? 100-120 shouldn't be too problematic.

And yes, PR + the new AAS game mode is something godly
                In GloryHoundz server I get 120-150 ping I can play fine ( I'm used to play with this ping range in internationl tournaments) , but on other servers I get 250-350 ping, unplayable.

Well I hope we get more popular server for this awesome mod.

Anyway can u clarify me what exactly this AAS mode does?

I saw something about an order to take flags, wut else?

Cya

Comment

Originally posted by RATOLOKi
                  Well I hope we get more popular server for this awesome mod.

Anyway can u clarify me what exactly this AAS mode does?

I saw something about an order to take flags, wut else?

Cya
                  Well, that's about it really. But don't underestimate it based on that. It makes huge difference in how the game is played. See if this FAQ answers your questions.

AAS FAQ

* What is AAS?
                  AAS is an acronym for “assault and secure” and is a game mode which offers an exciting alternative to BF2’s standard conquest game mode.

* How does it work?
                  Unlike the standard conquest game mode, AAS requires you to cap flags in a specific order. This concentrates players into a smaller area making battles more intense and the use of teamwork more imperative to success.

* How do I know which flag my team should attack?
                  Directions are provided in the top left hand corner of the screen. This lists which flag your team must currently attack and defend.

* Do I have to spawn at specific flags?
                  No, you may still spawn at any flag controlled by your team or on your squad leader. Keep in mind though; you will be of less use to your team if you spawn at a flag distant to the battle without a good reason (e.g. Moving a required vehicle to the front)

* What are some useful tips for playing AAS?
                  Situational awareness is probably the most useful skill to functioning well in an AAS game. Be aware of who is defending, who is attacking and be prepared to change roles to make up for any deficiency. Always keep track of where the front lines are. They can change rapidly, leaving you behind where you are of little use to your team. Snipers need to be particularly aware of this and be sure to advance with their team.

Comment

Funny you should mention PRMM. I'd LOVE to give it a try, BUT I downloaded it last Monday night and have not found a single server running it yet.
                    I've tried running it by using the standard BF2 icon and then activiating the mod through the Custom button AND by using the new PRMM icon to start up. In both I can't find ANY servers by entering PRMM as directed, or by manually/visually searching. I even tried searching by map type and dicking around with my filters.

I tried to create my own custom game like I do in the standard version to practice and all I could do was "fly" (no vehicle involved, just the view)around the map while it said "instant spawn" at the top of the screen.

Any info you could provide to help me try this out would be GREATLY appreciated!

Maybe I'm just a dumba**?

Comment

No problem.

This is more of a problem with the retarted BF2 browser rather than the mod. It still boggles my mind how the largest game producer in the world could have released such a dodgy browser for a mostly ONLINE game!! Anyway, I won't get carried away...

Try this - Uncheck all of the filter boxes (except the map boxes, keep them all checked). Then place a check in the "same mod" box. Next exit the game. Then start the game again and go to multiplayer and the list of servers should start to appear.

This should help but if not then please let me know I'll try to find another solution for you.

As for the problem you are having with the custom game, I will ask the Developers and commnity about that and get back to you.

Good Luck and enjoy!

Comment

I am looking forward to Forgotten Hope 2 Desert Combat 2(Desert Conflict) Rising Conflicts BF 1918 2 and possibly some other ones. I dont really like Mini mods no offense but every time i download a mini mod there is bearly any servers on it and the ones that is active no one plays on them. I dont want a mini mod i want the full monty in a mod.

Comment

I started downloading PR...but when will others come out?

Comment

Originally posted by DefJam
                            I started downloading PR...but when will others come out?
                            I don't think any of them have set a final date as of yet. I can't imagine it will be anytime within the next few months though. These mods take an incredible amount of work to produce.

I hope you enjoy PR. This is just the beginning for us - future additions will include the British army with realistic weapons and vehicles and much more.

Comment

There is also 21CW mod. http://www.21cwmod.net/

Here are some of the changes...

Gameplay changes:

Stamina increased while sprinting. Jumping (not as high either) takes more stamina to reduce bunnyhopping.

Health bleed: If you have 5 bars or less of health, it will "bleed" away until you get healed

Weapon accuracy has been modified for more accurate representation of weapons (generally more accuracy). Light machine guns have has overheating removed.

Vehicles have been modded for accuracy/damage and timeing (APC rocket reload much faster, gun overheat faster as well)

New vehicle ammo types added to Attack Helos and Tanks. (Anti-Armor and Anti-Infantry, obviouly if you use the wrong ammo type effectivemess if greatly reduced)

Kit loadout changes:

Engineer: Added claymores
                              AT: Added AT mines

There are more changes made as I just can't remember them.

Don't know how many servers run this sinse I mostly play in the 21cw tournement (which is really fun, its nice to play with people that practice and do things right)

Comment

Working...
                              X