Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, well it's good to know the British have their (poorly done) accents but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, well it's good to know the British have their (poorly done) accents but...

...there's still Arabic writing and pictures of Arabs all over Russia in the map "Ghost Town". And no, it's not in Chechnya, because it is on the coast of the Caspian see. I admit, I'm impressed by what I've seen of special forces, and I know it must have been a lot of work to construct all those new intricate buildings, but is there any better way to give basic realism a double-barreled shotgun blast to the face than to take a bunch of middle eastern buildings and just plop them down in Russia?

What next...if they ever make an expansion on US soil will all the buildings be the same ones they used in China? Then again...that's sorta what they did with Wake Island.

Re: Okay, well it's good to know the British have their (poorly done) accents but...

Originally posted by puglous
    What next...if they ever make an expansion on US soil will all the buildings be the same ones they used in China?
    Chinatown anyone?

Comment

Re: Okay, well it's good to know the British have their (poorly done) accents but...

:laugh: That would be a good excuse

Comment

Wake Island isnt a Dice/EA map, its a community map that Dice stole.

And besides, who's to say that there arent arabic people living next to the caspian sea, given that there is a battle going on there with presumably arab people (given the nature of the game).

i mean come on, think about it.

Comment

Pimp. Tuesday = buying SF. Wednesday = SF Marathon for me lol

Comment

Originally posted by puglous
            ...there's still Arabic writing and pictures of Arabs all over Russia in the map "Ghost Town". And no, it's not in Chechnya, because it is on the coast of the Caspian see. I admit, I'm impressed by what I've seen of special forces, and I know it must have been a lot of work to construct all those new intricate buildings, but is there any better way to give basic realism a double-barreled shotgun blast to the face than to take a bunch of middle eastern buildings and just plop them down in Russia?

What next...if they ever make an expansion on US soil will all the buildings be the same ones they used in China? Then again...that's sorta what they did with Wake Island.
            LOL do you actually know what lies around the Caspian sea?

Comment

I was right, Krpano re did the recording not as commander and This is the regular troop audio. Takes aload off my mind.

Also, what the hell is the deal with SAS Vs Spetsnaz?

Comment

Basically, SAS said Sptesnaz look like dorks, so they got mad and decided to sneak into their warehouse at night and steal all their wooden crates. :laugh:

Comment

To the first-poster - here's a free tip:

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis
                    Wake Island isnt a Dice/EA map, its a community map that Dice stole.
                    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Let me guess, you think Dice stole it from DC? :P

[edit] You nearly had me there

Comment

Originally posted by Sydog
                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Let me guess, you think Dice stole it from DC? :P
                      Nah surely they stole it from the winter wake island map. :P

Comment

Prove me wrong sydog.

Comment

Wake Island was the Demo map for BF1942, and was in the game on release day.

Jesus, you'd think THAT is where they got it from.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis
                            Prove me wrong sydog.
                            Oh god, I nearly thought you were just being sarcastic.

I suppose you think that El Elamein, Gazala, Battle of The Bulge etc are all original DC maps also. ROFL

Comment

I wouldnt' be surpriced if DICE was like:

Chief Developer:Hey, lets use Wikipedia for our research and then make it more DICEish... what do you boys say? Ey?

Everyone else: Oh yay you're soo smart boss... and soooo handsome in that suit

Comment

Working...
                              X