cd key prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cd key prob

Hi all im new to this site and i have a problem,when i go to multiplayer and select a game to join i get the message "your cd key is not valid" i do not know why its started doing this, can any one help.

many thanks jack

Re: cd key prob

Have you ever told anyone your CD-key on forums and such, was the game second hand and unsealed? was your game unsealed when you recieved it?

If so it is fairly likely that someone else has registered with your CD.

Comment

Thx 4 the post, no the game was new and unopened ive been online with it b4,but recently changed my login to my pc do you think this could be the reason

Comment

You made a new account then? That shouldn't affect it, I have several names under my CD key, sorry I can't help you.

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLE_18
          You made a new account then? That shouldn't affect it, I have several names under my CD key, sorry I can't help you.
          Actually he means using a new Windows account and that will cause you to get this error.

After 1.03 the CD-key is encrypted by information pertained from the windows account you patched in so it only works in that account.

Solution:

From within your new Windows account, that should be an admin account too.

Go into Support folder where BF2 is installed. Run Battlefield 2_code.exe and type in the CD-key and press okay.

Download ftp://ftp.ea-europe.com/UK_Support/E...CDKeyCheck.exe
          and run it. Now your CD-key should work in your new Windows account.

Look in my post here on how to make it so you can switch between windows acccounts and do this on-the-fly. Once done first time there's no hassle:

Comment

Thx very much for the help,i shall do what you say and post to let you know the result .

manythanks

jack

Comment

thx for help problam solved i reinstalled and entered the key code and its sorted .
              many thanks jack

Comment

Originally posted by jack
                thx for help problam solved i reinstalled and entered the key code and its sorted .
                many thanks jack
                Glad to hear you got it working Happy fragging :guns:

Comment

Working...
                X