+sxz 1680 +syz 1050 -not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +sxz 1680 +syz 1050 -not working?

I've entered this to the end of the shorcut, properties, target, line and my monitor is a Dell 2005FPW which has a native resolution of 1680 x 1050. My video card can also support this resolution. And when i run the game it works and i go to the video options screen and of course it said the old resolution, which it would say even if i did it right. Next i start up a quick game and i do not see any difference from the 1152 x 864 resolution, and just to make sure i i take a screenshot and later check up on the file and sure enough it says 1152... I was just wondering how to actually change the resolution. Thanks for your help.

Re: +sxz 1680 +syz 1050 -not working?

Thats because it's szx szy

Comment

Thanks for that, for some reason in the older posts i rembered them saying sxz but you're right, thanks. Now i have something else doing somethingweird. I have it at 1680 x 1050 but when i click on the shortcut it goes black like its going into the intros but then goes away. Im going to check a couple of things though right now ans report back what i find.

[EDIT] Haha ok nothing worked. First i went to profile, default, and video in Battlefield 2 in my documents and lowered the refresh rate to 60 Hz, no luck, then i went to the "Movies" folder and renamed it to see if it would skip the movie however no luck again. Any help would be appreciated. I know i can play at 1152 and its beautiful i just wanted to know how to do this. I mean take advantage while your computer is ahead because it will only be good for a little time, so thats what im trying to do.

Comment

what does your target path look like?

Comment

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

Comment

I have a DELL 1680 x 1050 res as well.
            And it did the SAME thing.
            All you can do is restart your computer a few times, and keep trying the icon (make sure you have 1680 x 1050, not 1650 x 1080)
            ....wait now I can't remember which it is, just make sure it's right! lol

Originally posted by Hound_Dawg
            Thanks for that, for some reason in the older posts i rembered them saying sxz but you're right, thanks. Now i have something else doing somethingweird. I have it at 1680 x 1050 but when i click on the shortcut it goes black like its going into the intros but then goes away. Im going to check a couple of things though right now ans report back what i find.

[EDIT] Haha ok nothing worked. First i went to profile, default, and video in Battlefield 2 in my documents and lowered the refresh rate to 60 Hz, no luck, then i went to the "Movies" folder and renamed it to see if it would skip the movie however no luck again. Any help would be appreciated. I know i can play at 1152 and its beautiful i just wanted to know how to do this. I mean take advantage while your computer is ahead because it will only be good for a little time, so thats what im trying to do.
            I just need to type something because i forgot to subscribe to this thread....

Comment

this is mine
              "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1+szx 1400 +szy 1050

there's a space in yours between the 1 and the +szx close that gap and it should work...

Comment

Does anyone notice that he did sxz?

Comment

Go into: C:\Documents and Settings\......\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles Delete all the Video.con files in the subfolders and try running the game again.

Comment

Originally posted by Stillhouse View Post
                    Go into: C:\Documents and Settings\......\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles Delete all the Video.con files in the subfolders and try running the game again.

Personally, I just delete the whole folder, if you know what your pass or email is you can recover your character.

Deleting the profile allows you to see the game again. From there you can edit your options.

Comment

with a 22in my native is also 1680-1050 but cannot play for more than 15 minutes at this res without my PC restarting while X1950pro beeps wildly at me until i hit restart.

Comment

Just a little heads up to some of you guys. I'm no expert on resolutions but the PC mag I subscribe to did a feature this month of 50 graphic cards old n new and there was something in that article that reminded me of this post.

They basically were saying to buy the right card for your monitor, ie an 8800 series card will easily play 1,680 x 1,050 at good settings whereas a 6600 won't if you get my meaning. So to the OP if your card is average then I suggest you turn the resolution down till its playable.

Advice taken from customPC August 07 issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Hound_Dawg

Go into both default and your main profile and change both too 800x600@60. Now make sure the cache is deleted and use your custom rez. It should never crash again. And the game will start at 1680x1050 :yay: I went threw this with my 20'inch widescreen and 32'inch widescreen LCD's

That was the only way i got it to stop crashing . Ive gone back to ingame rez for my 32'inch and it would Ctd once and awhile . So i just changed the default to 800x600@60 and its fixed that problem as well. Hope this helps its helped me alot :nod:

Comment

Working...
                          X