Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chinese default weapons... hidden gems of BF2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese default weapons... hidden gems of BF2.

I've been having a secret love affair with the PLA guns. They're amazing. A few notes:

AK-47: Super-powerful. The only time it's less accurate than the AK-101 is when you go Full Auto, but who does that?

QBZ-97: Short barrel, which is much better for hiding. Same damage as G36C, but more accurate when prone and lower max deviation for auto mode. Plus, bull-pup is cool.

NOR982: Same as the M11-87. Enjoy the raw, indiscriminate justice of the boomstick.

If you don't play PLA much, do it. And leave your unlocks in your foot locker - the default guns are the way to go.

Re: Chinese default weapons... hidden gems of BF2.

It always puzzles me when I see every single kit with the 'special' weapons instead of the default (when appropriate).

Example: LA80 instead of AK101 for city/close fights.

Comment

Originally posted by unlimitedmp
      It always puzzles me when I see every single kit with the 'special' weapons instead of the default (when appropriate).

Example: LA80 instead of AK101 for city/close fights.
      Your example isn't the best due to the fact people prefer to have a scope on the gun rather than having to use iron sight.
      I better one is people running round with the PKM when you have to shoot long distances the gun just doesn't work over long distances where as the non-unlocks work extremely well.

Comment

yeah, i love the QBZ (Spec Ops Wep), it sounds pretty cool, with the tunk tunk tunk kinda feel. tis cool. Only moan is the Iron sights as the simplicity of the M4 and AKS74U sights makes target acquisition faster - but meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho
          Your example isn't the best due to the fact people prefer to have a scope on the gun rather than having to use iron sight.
          I better one is people running round with the PKM when you have to shoot long distances the gun just doesn't work over long distances where as the non-unlocks work extremely well.
          Nahhh, PKM is the best support gun in the game, for short medium or long range, ya just gotta tame the beast.

Comment

ak47 is the best small arm in game, period,can kill armored soilder in 3 hits

plus, it's ole skool

Comment

Originally posted by Hu.Z_of_PLA
              ak47 is the best small arm in game, period,can kill armored soilder in 3 hits

plus, it's ole skool
              For those of us who can land the [BOOM HEADSHOT!], you're exactly right.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho
                Not a great example. The PKM is slightly more accurate than the standard support weapons. It just has a lower rate of fire.

I've found all the weapon to be a matter of taste and application. Whatever works for you in a given situation is the "right" weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by ||ass||variable
                  For those of us who can land the [BOOM HEADSHOT!], you're exactly right.
                  Heh, assuming that the random deviation doesn't hose you over. Being able to aim at the head is one thing, but whether the bullets actually GO there is another matter entirely. At close range its possible, but then again the Ak101 and G3 can both OHK with a headshot as well. At long range you're leaving it (actually hitting the head) up to luck, just like pretty much every other gun in the game.

But this topic is proof that China needs an urban map. I really like the Ak47 and the QBZ-97 and IMO they're mostly going to waste because of the fact that Chinese maps are vehicle-rich.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer
                    Heh, assuming that the random deviation doesn't hose you over. Being able to aim at the head is one thing, but whether the bullets actually GO there is another matter entirely. At close range its possible, but then again the Ak101 and G3 can both OHK with a headshot as well. At long range you're leaving it (actually hitting the head) up to luck, just like pretty much every other gun in the game.

But this topic is proof that China needs an urban map. I really like the Ak47 and the QBZ-97 and IMO they're mostly going to waste because of the fact that Chinese maps are vehicle-rich.

~Wolfgang
                    Yea, the deviation blows. I make up for it by firing in 3-4 round bursts at close and medium range (1-2 bullets always hit the head and chest), and I use pretty substantial pauses when single-shotting at long range.

It's a stupid accuracy system, but you can work around it. Instead of calling it "aiming", we can call it "management of the stupid deviation system".

So instead of:

"Yo n00b, I am teh winnar at aiming."

we might say:

"Yo n00b, I am teh winnar at managing the stupid deviation system."

Comment

Originally posted by ||ass||variable
                      Yea, the deviation blows. I make up for it by firing in 3-4 round bursts at close and medium range (1-2 bullets always hit the head and chest), and I use pretty substantial pauses when single-shotting at long range.

It's a stupid accuracy system, but you can work around it. Instead of calling it "aiming", we can call it "management of the stupid deviation system".

So instead of:

"Yo n00b, I am teh winnar at aiming."

we might say:

"Yo n00b, I am teh winnar at managing the stupid deviation system."
                      :laugh: Exactly.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Working...
                      X