A day in the life of a BF2 player.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day in the life of a BF2 player.

BF2 ****es me off and it's not because i suck or anything. give me a decent server/team/squad/jet/vehicle (notice all the variables that come into play) and i'll be at the top of the list. but more often than not i have to put up with idiots on every server that i goto. like the last night for instance, i open up BF2 and i am greeted with those infamous and pretentious logos. of course they cannot be removed because junkbuster kicks you for modifying files. so i get through all that drudgery and login. god how i love seeing that "connecting to authentication servers" message frozen on my screen for 20 seconds. then i go watch some grass growing on the lawn as the server browser takes its time like a woman at the mall. OMG a 24/7 gulf of oman server, and by the looks of the MOTD, the admins mean business!

i join MEC and goto the airstrip. someone is in the attack chopper so i ask for a ride and run over to it. the guy says 'no sir' and takes off even though he has no gunner. but no worries, a USMC jet blew him out of the sky before he even got to the hotel anyway. so i go get a jet that just popped up and an anti tank guy on my team blows it up so i can't get it. then he gets in a tank and blows me up and takes the next jet that pops up. then he gets bombed by the other team that's dominating the air, then i go get the jet again and 3-4 idiots are sitting under my jet so i can run them over, which i do and end up getting blown off the runaway anyway because here comes another bomber. then i respawn and decide to go hop in the tank that's been sitting there the whole game right when the first artillery shell hits as jets, APC's, tanks and my own teams stolen chopper are raping our base because my team is too stupid to take care of our other bases(even though we still own them!). i almost forgot about our commander. yea, you can see him doing barrel rolls in the sky from time to time. he's a damn good pilot.

well i decide to spawn at another base and play some D but as soon as i spawn i get mowed down by the APC that's probably been sitting in the palm trees throughout the game. i spawn in another base near it that is empty, thankfully. so i decide to carbomb him with my trusty dune buggy only to be told by the admin (whom was apparently an occupant in the APC) that carbombing is against the rules. i spawn at the strip again and lo and behold there's my MiG! i take off and decide to do bombing runs at their airbase.....BUT!!! i am mysteriously ejected from the jet. i also have the luxury of seeing my mig somehow being controlled as i parachute down to ground. couple seconds later an admin anonymously says that only he could fly the jet and that i will be banned if i take it again. i check my radar and i see a big star zooming across the map again.

so then i get sick of trying to lonewolf and i decide to join a squad for a fun evening of teamplay, right? wrong. i spawn on the squad leader only to find that he spawned at the airstrip right near the jet which he took off in the sky with and left me and the other 4 guys in my squad with nothing to do. so i check the squad list to get a better squad and i find one that's all filled up with the same clan members and i join, knowing that some great gameplay is finally within reach, i become medic to help my team, and a couple secs later i am booted from the server. why you ask? because it turns out that the clan adminned the server and they were mad that i took up a slot in their squad when they were waiting for another member. so of course i tell them how much i love them after hearing this ridiculous explanation and get banned from another excellent battlefield 2 server.

THEN......! i wait for the ridiculously buggy and laggy server browser to load up so i can join another server. i finally find a decent wake island server with 32 people so i instantly join it and breath a sigh of relief as i see all the strict rules that are listed in the motd. i've found a damn good server! so i go and get my zig-zags out and start rolling while i wait for BF2 to age like wine. i come back to the my PC 10 mins later and a very pretty window has popped up that says the server has reserved slots and i'm not invited to the party. i finally had enough so i kill BF2 and open up Steam.

all in all, i spent atleast an hour on BF2 and i didn't have a single moment of fun. this isn't just one night, or the first, second, last time that this has happened to me. this is what me and i am sure other players experience in BF2 everytime they click their BF2 icon. no one can deny that this is the reality of BF2 pubbing at the moment. before anyone says it, i don't care for BF2 clan matches period. been there done that and i didn't like it. being in a clan in any game feels more like a job as a matter of fact. it's also extremely hard to find a decent server to be a regular on since the server browser sucks balls and the vast majority of servers are a carbon copy of the one i just mentioned anyway.

Re: A day in the life of a BF2 player.

DANG MAN! that sucks

Comment

Well i havn't come close to a night like that and i'm damn thankfull for it. I dont think my comp would be in one piece if i were you.

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of... er... the world.
        Any on-line game is prone to having issues like this. People are really good at being stupid. The more complex and interesting a game is, the more likely it will be that you'll end up POed at the flood of moronicy that will invade it.

Still, things could be worse

Comment

All I have to say is WAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHHAHA....:laugh:

Comment

wow. nice post.

Thats why i only play ranked servers by larger communities. No ****ty admin kiddies.

Luckily in australia 2/3rd of the ranked servers are by ISP's so they are all good.

Comment

Originally posted by AsclepiusZ
              Luckily in australia 2/3rd of the ranked servers are by ISP's so they are all good.
              But they're still, like, "WTF mate?".

Comment

I've said this elsewhere, but I'll say it again. The best way to find an enjoyable game is to create one. Get a couple of friends together, either in real life, or meet some people on the boards, trade IM information and meet up on servers.

If you play during the day, Tactical gamer servers have rules that force people to join a squad. Its not perfect, but it helps a lot....

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                  Welcome to the wonderful world of... er... the world.
                  Any on-line game is prone to having issues like this. People are really good at being stupid. The more complex and interesting a game is, the more likely it will be that you'll end up POed at the flood of moronicy that will invade it.

Still, things could be worse
                  http://www.endofworld.net/
                  They way they make it sound it would be freakin hilarious until we all die. As for bitvomit, find a good server and stick with it, not much else you can do because there seems to be sudden surge in n00bs... maybe it is the end of the world after all.

Comment

Ouch...

About the 10 minute connection, dude, I had that problem before but i just figured out how to fix it. PM me if you want and I can help you fix it up

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
                      BF2 ****es me off and it's not because i suck or anything. give me a decent server/team/squad/jet/vehicle (notice all the variables that come into play) and i'll be at the top of the list. but more often than not i have to put up with idiots on every server that i goto. like the last night for instance, i open up BF2 and i am greeted with those infamous and pretentious logos. of course they cannot be removed because junkbuster kicks you for modifying files. so i get through all that drudgery and login. god how i love seeing that "connecting to authentication servers" message frozen on my screen for 20 seconds. then i go watch some grass growing on the lawn as the server browser takes its time like a woman at the mall. OMG a 24/7 gulf of oman server, and by the looks of the MOTD, the admins mean business!

i join MEC and goto the airstrip. someone is in the attack chopper so i ask for a ride and run over to it. the guy says 'no sir' and takes off even though he has no gunner. but no worries, a USMC jet blew him out of the sky before he even got to the hotel anyway. so i go get a jet that just popped up and an anti tank guy on my team blows it up so i can't get it. then he gets in a tank and blows me up and takes the next jet that pops up. then he gets bombed by the other team that's dominating the air, then i go get the jet again and 3-4 idiots are sitting under my jet so i can run them over, which i do and end up getting blown off the runaway anyway because here comes another bomber. then i respawn and decide to go hop in the tank that's been sitting there the whole game right when the first artillery shell hits as jets, APC's, tanks and my own teams stolen chopper are raping our base because my team is too stupid to take care of our other bases(even though we still own them!). i almost forgot about our commander. yea, you can see him doing barrel rolls in the sky from time to time. he's a damn good pilot.

well i decide to spawn at another base and play some D but as soon as i spawn i get mowed down by the APC that's probably been sitting in the palm trees throughout the game. i spawn in another base near it that is empty, thankfully. so i decide to carbomb him with my trusty dune buggy only to be told by the admin (whom was apparently an occupant in the APC) that carbombing is against the rules. i spawn at the strip again and lo and behold there's my MiG! i take off and decide to do bombing runs at their airbase.....BUT!!! i am mysteriously ejected from the jet. i also have the luxury of seeing my mig somehow being controlled as i parachute down to ground. couple seconds later an admin anonymously says that only he could fly the jet and that i will be banned if i take it again. i check my radar and i see a big star zooming across the map again.

so then i get sick of trying to lonewolf and i decide to join a squad for a fun evening of teamplay, right? wrong. i spawn on the squad leader only to find that he spawned at the airstrip right near the jet which he took off in the sky with and left me and the other 4 guys in my squad with nothing to do. so i check the squad list to get a better squad and i find one that's all filled up with the same clan members and i join, knowing that some great gameplay is finally within reach, i become medic to help my team, and a couple secs later i am booted from the server. why you ask? because it turns out that the clan adminned the server and they were mad that i took up a slot in their squad when they were waiting for another member. so of course i tell them how much i love them after hearing this ridiculous explanation and get banned from another excellent battlefield 2 server.

THEN......! i wait for the ridiculously buggy and laggy server browser to load up so i can join another server. i finally find a decent wake island server with 32 people so i instantly join it and breath a sigh of relief as i see all the strict rules that are listed in the motd. i've found a damn good server! so i go and get my zig-zags out and start rolling while i wait for BF2 to age like wine. i come back to the my PC 10 mins later and a very pretty window has popped up that says the server has reserved slots and i'm not invited to the party. i finally had enough so i kill BF2 and open up Steam.

all in all, i spent atleast an hour on BF2 and i didn't have a single moment of fun. this isn't just one night, or the first, second, last time that this has happened to me. this is what me and i am sure other players experience in BF2 everytime they click their BF2 icon. no one can deny that this is the reality of BF2 pubbing at the moment. before anyone says it, i don't care for BF2 clan matches period. been there done that and i didn't like it. being in a clan in any game feels more like a job as a matter of fact. it's also extremely hard to find a decent server to be a regular on since the server browser sucks balls and the vast majority of servers are a carbon copy of the one i just mentioned anyway.

The game attracted the childish of players, in my opinion. Other games
                      I have been involved with for long periods of time NEVER had this many
                      little imature kiddies running around. I dont know why BF2 has the lamest
                      player base in the world, it just does.

I took my BF2 back to the store 2 days ago, demanded a refund, then
                      purchased the REAL BF2. Battlefront II. This game runs flawlessly,
                      and surprisingly to me, its LOADS of fun..and Im not even a Star Wars geek.

As far as (EA)BF2 goes. Its 90% kiddies, 5% unfinished code & bugs , and 5% ok.

It had potential, but you cant find a decent game anywhere these days.

Comment

Sucks to be tou, Yea in australia we have 85% of the servers run by ISP's so its all good.

Comment

you know, your completely right, and the more i read this post the more frightening it is for me to double click that icon, go make bag of popcorn, and come up to the servers screen.

nothing good comes when you put the power of authority into the hands of a 15 year old (him being the admin..). I run into the same problem pubbing in cs 1.6... their online "friend" hacks and they don't ban them because if they do the others in the server will think they are "n00b".

pm me if you want, i play nightly on a decent server with a few decent people in my squad who play fairly and as a team.

-hs

Comment

been through worse......im playing BF2 getting ****ed similar to you but guess what? my mom comes up to me and tells me that we are moving from Michigan to South Africa, well i say woopti ****ing doo, at least u ain't getting sent out of the country cuz bush doesn't like my little asian ass

Comment

Originally posted by dragon159753
                              been through worse......im playing BF2 getting ****ed similar to you but guess what? my mom comes up to me and tells me that we are moving from Michigan to South Africa, well i say woopti ****ing doo, at least u ain't getting sent out of the country cuz bush doesn't like my little asian ass
                              SOUTH AFRICA?? but thats where all the "Hei ren" lives!!

Comment

Working...
                              X