Jet evasive techinques for Wake Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet evasive techinques for Wake Island

<This is a tip for new players, I know those who have been playing for a while know this.>

When flying the Chinese jet in Wake Island, there are some extremely handy things you should learn how to do if you want to stay alive the entire map in the Chinese jet.

Create a lan server (Wake Island) or join a multiplayer server with little (1-3) or no players in it.

Be Chinese.

Get in the jet and practice this over and orver and over until you can get it right:

Continuously fly around the outer edge of the Island about 30 feet above the ground. This will help you on your handling. Now do the same but every 5-10 second swoop up into the air then divebomb back and continue. Also practice high above the map UpsideDown. This will enable you to look down on the map and spot out blackhalks and other planes/tanks. Practice flying under the bridges when you are being chased. Also practice flying under the bridges upsidedown. Constantly return to airstrip for ammo.

Now apply this to a big game of Wake Island with many people and have fun. Using this technique I have gone many rounds without getting shot down/ crashing.

Good Luck New Players!

~Psycho Killa~

Re: Jet evasive techinques for Wake Island

Flying under the bridges is a rush!
    I've never tried to fly up high and upside down to look on the map though... gotta try that.

Comment

Originally posted by peekj
      Flying under the bridges is a rush!
      I've never tried to fly up high and upside down to look on the map though... gotta try that.
      Yea its nice because you can look "down" on the battlefield and air combat

Also flying under bridges upsidedown is a rush

Comment

Also make sure you have a good way to control the plane (joystick keyboard and mouse, whatever you prefer) and not like me as my joystick doesn't know where it is centerpoint is.

Comment

I use a mouse. I have gotten really good with it.

Comment

I don't even bother getting in a jet. so many people camp for it that If i wanted to fly I'd have to fight for the right. I'd rather fight the enemy.

Comment

i dont like wake that much.

Comment

What's the point in flying under the bridge? I see people do it all the time when I'm chasing them, and it's never yet worked...I just fly over the bridge. :P

Comment

Physco, some nice tips there mate. I love flying planes and sometimes on Wake i have 2 planes on my tail and to shake them off i have to do some crazy stunts

Comment

yea crazy stunts not only work, but they make you look good

Comment

Originally posted by PsYcHo.KiLLa

Now apply this to a big game of Wake Island with many people and have fun. Using this technique I have gone many rounds without getting shot down/ crashing.

Good Luck New Players!

~Psycho Killa~
                      Lol. Just got finished reading a super long thread about how airpower is ruining this game, and here we have someone telling us how "fun" it is to get a jet on Wake Island and go many rounds without getting shot down or crashing. Yeah, that's a lot of fun for everyone else, watching a jet jockey fly with impunity blowing **** up and dominatiing while the ground pounders can't do anything about it. I think his quote is a perfect example of why airpower is screwing this game up and everyone (apart from the pilots) are growing weary of this sort of thing. Have fun playing many rounds without dying! It's all about you.

Comment

As long as we are not losing flags as a result of me being in the air, I'm happy.

Comment

Originally posted by HicRic
                          What's the point in flying under the bridge? I see people do it all the time when I'm chasing them, and it's never yet worked...I just fly over the bridge. :P

If you fly under it while under fire, it acts as a shield, also you veer to the right when you get out from under the bridge and dissapear behind the trees/ hill.

Comment

I dunno about you guys, but when I'm in the j10, I'm not afraid of anything. A jet could chase me the whole round...doesn't matter. No need for me to mess around flying under bridges.

Comment

can you fly thourgh a Hanger?
                              i can

Comment

Working...
                              X