Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really bad connection issues with BF2

Hi,

I've been having problems playing Battlefield 2 online for the last few weeks and I can't figure out why!

My internet connection is fine, no problems what so ever and any other programs that connect to the net don't have problems either. Just Battlefield 2.

I've tried disabling antivirus software, firewall, downloaded the update, manually updated the anti cheat software for it (Punkbuster) yet I still get lots of connection problems. Pings in the 1000's. I never had this before I installed mcafee internet security...

Can anyone help?!

Thanks

Rich

Re: Really bad connection issues with BF2

Ok, i've added all the ports to my firewall and router and i've made my IP a static one so it stays the same each time I logon to the network.

This has helped, i'm able to play now BUT when i'm over the main base in a game the lag goes through the roof. This is when I get all the problems. The ping will jump as before.

When I went to this site (http://www.canyouseeme.org/) and entered the ports listed for BF2 it said that it couldn't see them because the connection timed out.

Any help with this?! Its getting there, slowly...

Rich

Comment

Working...
    X