I found this on BF2s forums as a sticky and think it may help here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found this on BF2s forums as a sticky and think it may help here

I know I'm going to get killed for saying this but I really don't agree with everybody complaining about base/spawn raping. IMHO this is just whining...even though this happens to be the majority people (or maybe a vocal minority). The objective of the game is to kill the other team...all's fair as far as this objective goes!!!!

I just don't get it. Its part of the game. There will be times when you will be screwed and you will die 20+ times as you try to make your way out of a your only remaining base...but that part of the game. I don't care if you have no chance! I don't care if its not fair!!! If your team puts itself in the position to only have one flag then you deserve the ass whooping and the other team deserves to spank you until you cry "daddy". Those that complain are basically saying: "we didn't play as a team, we didn't follow our commander's orders, we got our ass kicked in combat, but still...give us a chance to get back into the game...otherwise its not fair". HA! Guess what, you deserve your fate. If you don't like it and don't want to ruin your k/d ration then don't respawn. Or better yet, rethink your approach to teamwork and you won't find yourself in this position again.

As far as a tank sitting around and picking of those who spawn at a point, well that's fine by me to. Spawn somewhere else. Or better yet, respawn with an anti tank kit and the tank don't stand much chance. Believe me, i have plenty of hours in a tank but there's not much to do when a determined anti-tank attack is launched on you.

There's a saying: "All's fair in love and war"...if you accept this proverb, then you'll have to agree that there's NO such thing as baseraping
    Last edited by superfly_cox (2005-10-28 05:35:49)

Re: I found this on BF2s forums as a sticky and think it may help here

I mostly agree with you.
    Although sometimes this can be very annoying,
    but that is only sometimes

Comment

i have no issues with it. if the dude camping there is stupid enough to sit on an enemy flag like that without taking the flag, he will get his arse kicked eventually.

besides, its not like each flag only has 1 spawn point

Comment

Keep in mind this, this is a video game, this is not real life, so there are a few rules that we all should obey like not spawn/base camping. You know, when you spawn and there is a tank in front of you doing nothing but killing the spawners, you have NO chance against it, because you are killed before you can do a single move. So, why are you for that kind of behaviour?? Are you the kind of player who only minds about gaining points and cannot gain then by a fair way?? lol, it's kinda funny when i see some1 spawn killing because I always wonder: What kind of mental disorder does this guy have so he has fun staying in a single place without moving and killing spawners, specially when the game gives you A LOT of different ways of killing your enemies. Personally, i would get tired of that in less than a minute, i didnt expend 40€+ to do that in the game.

Comment

Here's an idea, if there are rules on a server like no raping of untakeable flag, then don't go there if you disagree.

If you like to play with baseraping allowed, then find a server where there are no rules and play there.

Ppl that can't follow rules and are intolerant and disrespectfull towards others is what is wrong with online gaming today.

All is not fair in war if you noticed, that's why there are Rules of Engagement so soldiers abide by the rules of war.

Comment

Great point, couldn't actually agree with you any more.

Comment

i love base raping. it gives me expert combat badges.

Comment

Working...
              X