Blue Screen Freeze/Crash probelm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Screen Freeze/Crash probelm

Hey everybody. I'm brand new to this forum, and I'm in desperate need of a little help.

Last night I finally patched BF2 to 1.03, and it worked perfect. I played for hours with no trouble at all. This morning however, I've been running into problems. Just minutes after joining a server, the game freezes and goes to a SOLID BLUE screen. This is not a Blue Screen of Death - there is no text or numbers on the screen - just solid blue. After this happens, the computer is locked up and I'm forced to restart.

How can I fix this? Does anyone else have this problem? My rig specs are in my sig. Thanks for any help!

Re: Blue Screen Freeze/Crash probelm

I'm having the exact same problems but I AM getting Blue Screen's of Death. It seemed to have started sometime Thursday morning. I just recentley finished building this rig that I am playing on and everything seems to be up to snuff.

As I stated I just finished building this computer, the last thing I installed was the video card and that was Wed. night. Normally I play BF2 running off of Virtual Drive 9, but with this going on I've tried using the CD also, and the same thing happens. I'll play on a server for how many ever rounds the server has set and as soon as it goes to load the new map the game freezes, screen locks up, sounds sticks and boom Blue Screen & I'm forced to reboot.

On a side note sometimes this does not happen, I'll be playing in a server for hours on end and suddenly this happens.

Here are the system specs:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+
    Socket Designation : Socket 939
    Max ClockSpeed : 2211 MHz
    Current ClockSpeed : 2211 MHz (2.2)
    Voltage : 1.4 V
    Display Availability : Running/Full
    Power Status : OK

1 GB Corsair Ram

Name : Dell E172FP
    Monitor Manufacturer : Dell Computer Corp.
    Monitor Type : Dell E172FP
    Display Availability : Running/Full Power
    Screen Height : 768 Pixels
    Screen Width : 1024 Pixels

Name : Realtek AC'97
    Audio Manufacturer : Realtek
    Product Name : Realtek AC'97
    Audio PowerManagement Supported : false

Name : MSI MS-StarForce GeForce 6600 (NVIDIA GeForce 6600)
    Display Availability : Running/Full Power
    Video Mode : 1024 x 768 x 4294967296 colors
    Adapter DAC Type : Integrated RAMDAC
    Current Horizontal Resolution : 1024 Pixels
    Current Vertical Resolution : 768 Pixels
    Current Number Of Colors : 4294967296
    Adapter RAM : 256 MB
    Current Refresh Rate : 75 Hertz
    Video Processor : GeForce 6600
    Inf Filename : oem18.inf
    Driver Version : 6.14.10.7772
    Monochrome : false Installed
    Display Drivers : nv4_disp.dll

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

Comment

Re: Blue Screen Freeze/Crash probelm

well my problem has stopped, at least for now. I just played about an hour and it was great.

What error message does your BSOD's show? Thats the key in diagnosing BSODs. You need to either take a picture of it, or write down the error message. I bet its RAM-related for you. Corsair suxors.. I'll never buy again.

Comment

Working...
      X