Need help anyone who can help me with connection problem look here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help anyone who can help me with connection problem look here

Battlefield 2 has been working fine for a while I haven't touched anything on my computer. Now almost everytime I go to play BF2 I can play for about 10 seconds than it freezes for a minute or so than tells me the connection to the server failed. I had it working and I didn't do anything. All my drivers are updated and the only other thing you guys need to know is that I'm using a wireless network. Linksys Wireless G USB network adapter is the one I'm currently using. Linksys wouldn't let me download the newest driver so if you guys could get me the driver version 2.0.2.0 that would be great. Anyway if there is anything you guys could think of please tell me.

Some other stuff you should know about:

-Its PunkBuster, they did an update now I'm getting connection problems, unless anyone else has something specific I can do I just need to sit on my ass and wait for a PB update.
    -Sometimes I can connect to a server for the full time but not very often
    -I have updated PB and that didn't help.
    -All drivers except the one for the wireless network is up to date.
    -I have tryed shutting off my firewall and norton and that didn't do anything
    -I had it working before perfectly
    -Same problem happens on ranked and unranked servers

If anyone could help that would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance,

~Greg

Re: Need help anyone who can help me with connection problem look here

just look in a few threads on this page, i think we have all the same problem!

Comment

Yeah I did look through a lot of them I did what they all said it still isn't working. I'm looking for a firwire download for my router. But anyother suggestions are greatly appriciated!!

~Greg

Comment

dont worry I'm in the same boat as you! I'm as keen a eager to get it back up and running again (having just bought a £800 computer and a wireless network just to play the game).

I think PB will issue an update, just try going on non punk buster servers, am sure a lot of server might relax punk buster if a lot of people like us cannot get on.

Comment

Thats a good thing to try. I will go on a non-punkbuster server and try it.

Comment

Hi sounds like you guys have the same probs as me bf2 was working fine up to couple days ago, now its running bad try single player that seems to work ok hopefully its a pb issue and they will sort it.
            its bugging the crap out of me.

Comment

Good so its not only me. When I get a chance I'm going to try a non-pb server and see if that works. I think it was becuse it stoped working for me on friday when they updated pb. Will get back to you on my findings.

Thanks,

~Greg

Comment

DEFINITLY PB. Just tryed playing on a non-PB server...What you know it works perfectly!!! Then I go right into a PB server...What do you know it DOESN'T WORK...So anyone having this problem don't worry its not you its PB. I'm starting to wish that we didn't have an anti-cheating app intergrated in BF2 god all I want to do is play. There better be an update coming soon!

Comment

Well, I know they updated PB again recently...

BUT...there are also a few bad routers out there on the internet today

Comment

I would understand if I just got a new router. I have been using this router for over a year no problem and that doesn't explain how if my router was bad it magically works on not PB servers and doesn't work on PB servers. I am just very mad becuase I paid 50 bucks for this game and I want it to work!!!

Comment

This won't make you feel any better but I'm having the same exact problems. I'm so ****ed I'm as red as my shirt. I can go anywhere from 5, 10, and even 30 minutes before the game closes and goes to the game lobby. I'm so fed up with this game it's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by rymaples
                        This won't make you feel any better but I'm having the same exact problems. I'm so ****ed I'm as red as my shirt. I can go anywhere from 5, 10, and even 30 minutes before the game closes and goes to the game lobby. I'm so fed up with this game it's ridiculous.

Lol and you are lucky 30 minutes even 10 minutes I get 10 seconds. So you are actually lucky. I just don't understand how Punk Buster can **** up our computers, It is so simple, an application thats used for catching cheaters, not ****ing up legit players trying to play a great game.

Comment

Working...
                        X