Requesting supply drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting supply drops

I have encountered a number of commanders lately that never will drop supplies when asked. I just don't get this. Does anyone know why? It really helps when you're either in a vehicle that has damage or you need more ammo, or you need a quick health boost. A lot of times calling out for those things and waiting for a squad member to help you doesn't work. When a good commander does drop supplies it's much faster and easier than waiting around for a teammate because your teammates are usually running around like chickens with their heads cut off and almost always ignore your pleas. I think that's also due in part because they can't see where you are on the map unless they are nearby. Anyway, these lame commanders who won't drop supplies after repeated requests just suck.

I know sometimes they can't drop supplies because they just dropped one so I give them a minute before asking again and they just ignore me over and over.

Re: Requesting supply drops

well if u are a squad member and u call for supplies only the squad leader hears u and he has to ask the commander for a supply drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa
      well if u are a squad member and u call for supplies only the squad leader hears u and he has to ask the commander for a supply drop.
      Are you sure? It wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by motorboatJones
        I have encountered a number of commanders lately that never will drop supplies when asked. I just don't get this. Does anyone know why? It really helps when you're either in a vehicle that has damage or you need more ammo, or you need a quick health boost. A lot of times calling out for those things and waiting for a squad member to help you doesn't work. When a good commander does drop supplies it's much faster and easier than waiting around for a teammate because your teammates are usually running around like chickens with their heads cut off and almost always ignore your pleas. I think that's also due in part because they can't see where you are on the map unless they are nearby. Anyway, these lame commanders who won't drop supplies after repeated requests just suck.

I know sometimes they can't drop supplies because they just dropped one so I give them a minute before asking again and they just ignore me over and over.
        As commander I'll always comply with supply drops. I have have them available that is. If my UAV or radar are down I'll be repairing those first.

Comment

you will find alot of commanders only think of themselves. i know one of my friends is like that. he normally only places uavs and stuff where he is so he can get kills.

i keep slapping him over the back of the head when i watch him do this.

Comment

Originally posted by AsclepiusZ
            you will find alot of commanders only think of themselves. i know one of my friends is like that. he normally only places uavs and stuff where he is so he can get kills.

i keep slapping him over the back of the head when i watch him do this.
            Lol it's just a game, calm down, your life is not going to be scarred forever because of that.

Comment

i know. its just fun hitting him

Comment

Thats actually something i think a lot of squad leaders forget or just dont know, If you have a squad of 6 guys. You really need to listen out for their requests and look on the map, then reqeust it for them. I enjoy that sorta thing when i'm squad leader but so many times your squad leader isn't playing "squad leader" clowns!!

Comment

Your vechile being repaired might not be the most important thing on the battlefield at the time their might be a spec ops blowing up commanders assest who has just used his last C4 but yeh, I wish they would send it to you more when SL request it

Comment

Originally posted by motorboatJones
                    Are you sure? It wouldn't surprise me.
                    It's true.

I was playing with a friend using Vent when I left the squad because we despertly needed a commander. He didn't get the SL position I left behind. He asked me vocally for a supply drop. I told him to request one so I could find him faster. He said he just did.
                    The SL asked for one right afterwards (hearing and relaying my buddies request). That I saw.

Same goes for artillery, BTW.

Comment

Your vechile being repaired might not be the most important thing on the battlefield at the time their might be a spec ops blowing up commanders assest who has just used his last C4 but yeh, I wish they would send it to you more when SL request it

Comment

I'll always try to atleast directly refuse if there's something else that the supplies are needed for.

When you get "Denied" by your commander, have faith that he's at least paying attention!

When it constantly just times out, THEN you've got a bad commander on your hands.

Comment

If your in a squad (not the SL) then only the SL will her the "We need a supply drop here"....

But the "Requesting repairs" is global... everyone can hear it and see that "repair icon"...

oh wait... or is that because Im usually Engineer when im commander.. hmm.. can someone help ??

Comment

often commaders are waiting for the bar to fill up again for the supplies and so can't drop them or they ned too drop them too repiar artillery etc there are a many number of reasons.

Also ive found the only way to get people to request things as required i have too constantly spam the squad leaders telling them things are available and its get tiring, i have known this too work though and when u drop everything where it wanted it good

Comment

If someone asks me for replies and the bar isn;t full I'll usually type something like "supplies 30 secs" in the squad chat or soemthing,but I'll always drop them when requested, but only to squads actually doing something.
                              If 2 guys as snipers on a hill ask then I deny.

Comment

Working...
                              X