BF2 freezing few seconds into a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 freezing few seconds into a game

Alright, I've seen this question many times, but no answers. Last night I was playing and BF2 would freeze about 45 minutes into a game or so, but now it's doing it right as I spawn/create a squad. Why the sudden change, I don't know. I have had BF2 installed on this computer before without these problems, then I reformatted and it kept saying install failed. Finally I got it installed and now I have these problems...

AMD 3500+
    ATI x800XL
    1 gig of RAM

Yes, I have the latest ATI drivers, that I got off the website yesterday. I am able to play on almost everything full in FEAR, COD2, DoDS, and the likes for a long time. I tried changing from High to Medium, same results.

Is there an actual answer to this question ?

Thank you

Re: BF2 freezing few seconds into a game

Seems to work fine in Single Player, just problems with the Multiplayer...

A memory leak maybe?

Comment

I don't know, I have the same annoying ****ty problem

It seems that DICE can't make games that work properly. DICE DOWN!

Comment

Some people on other boards are saying it's a punkbuster problem, can anyone else verify this?

I really really really hope it's not my computer :hmm:

Comment

well nothings wrong on my comp, maybe u guys should get a hardware check, even though other games works fine

Comment

I am having the same problem, yet no post to my reply in other threads. Only thing I noticed was I have the x800xl also. Another had an x200 or something.

Comment

Wait a minute...I reinstalled the game, didnt boot, played singleplayer, downloaded 1.03 patch, rebooted, installed, rebooted and now it works fine.

Comment

i'm getting the same problem, can someone please give a way to fix this, Leopardi has a way and i will try this way, see if it works :hmm:

EDIT: tried this way, adn no it still freeses, please does anyone know how to fix this, i reinstalled it 3 times today and i got all the latest drivers for everything and i updating PB to the latest aswell

Comment

Uninstall it properly.

Comment

I have uninstalled it completely but still to no affect, so can someone please tell us if there is actaully a cure for this problem

Comment

Its PB. The released an update 11-11-05 at 9:30pm. My troubles started shortly afterwards.

To confirm that it is PB that is causing your problems:

1. Play on a non-PB server (works fine for me).
                      2. Go back to PB server (I get a crash)

This happened to me before, and it was fixed when PB removed some 'items' that were causing the instability.

I have made a request that PB fix this problem at:
                      http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php...upport-bf2.php
                      I suggest that all people affected by this issue do the same.

They will try and tell you that it is your hardware. Dont listen to them, just request that they fix the problem.

Comment

I've just posted in the connection "error" topic.

There seems to be a correlation:

-most people with this problem seem to have ADM 64 bit
                        -there is a close correlation with this new punkbuster update

and...

most people who have expericenced this problem have not changed a thing, option wise (in BF2), hardware wise, software wise! I'm going to restore all options to default in BF2 and see what happends, its worked for a few people.

I'll let ya know how I go on.

Comment

and...

most people who have expericenced this problem have not changed a thing, option wise (in BF2), hardware wise, software wise! I'm going to restore all options to default in BF2 and see what happends, its worked for a few people.

Comment

and...

Comment

There are a lot of people with this exact problem, I'm one of them. Over on the planetbattlefield forum we have a large thread about this and have pretty much exhausted everything that can be tried on our end.

It is definetely the new punkbuster version 1310 that is causing the problem, and it does appear to affect AMD 64 users more than others (although this may just be because we have more AMD 64 users). If you turn punkbuster off, and join a punkbusterless server, you should not freeze. As stated before it does not affect single player.

Seems like version 1.03 + PB has been causing a lot of problems. (what a surprise...). All we can do is wait for a new punkbuster update. Make sure to check the punkbuster website incase the problem also interferes with autoupdates. This happened on Oct. 29-31 with the punkbuster updates going on then as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X