Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you miss CTF

I loved to play capture the flag playing bf1942/dc

Are you interested if modders could make CTF work for bf2???

Re: Do you miss CTF

Yes, that would be awesome, would make the game more fun. Even Death match would be awesome (Not TEAM death match)

Comment

would people in jets be able to carry the flag?

Comment

I would think so, since in real life you can carry a flag and fly a jet.

Comment

would people in jets be able to carry the flag?
          In DC you could.

Comment

I used to be a CTF Nazi in DC. I was ****ED that it wasn't in BF2, but now I know why.

In DC, you could dive in, land the jet, get back in, and take off. It took SKILL to down a plane carrying the flag, moreover, skill for the carrier to avoid being shot down. However with BF2, all it takes is a few flares and the carier is home free. For jets trying to down the carrier, it takes much to long to lock on and down it . . . with afterburners, the pilot would be home free within seconds.

With the new system, CTF simply wouldn't be like it used to.

Comment

CTF....good memories....Bf1942/DC....

Comment

Originally posted by SemperFi
                Yes, that would be awesome, would make the game more fun. Even Death match would be awesome (Not TEAM death match)
                I take it you don't like BF2 right now then if you don't like team death match? That's all the rounds are anyway: point festivals. :laugh:

Lack of CTF and other game modes is one of the many mistakes EA/DICE made with this game.

Comment

*starts to cry about CTF. I miss it soooooooo much.

Comment

Isnt the point of the game already to capture the flag xD

Comment

well capture the flag u carry the flag to base.. and the servers couldnt be ranked... or could they XD

Comment

Scenario: you're running with the flag and almost to the end! "Yes!" you think.

Teammate tks u. Gets flag. Gains points for flag (provided flag gives many points to override tk).

Now if they make tking the flag bearer more than the points the flag is worth...

or do the non-ranked option.

Comment

Originally posted by Al3x
                          Isnt the point of the game already to capture the flag xD
                          No, the point of the game right now is to stand in the vicinity of a flagpole that is simply a visible representation of control of a strategic area, but only for the reason that you get points for it. If they were seen as strategic areas instead of points and taken as literal flags, the community would self destruct from using logic.

Comment

[B]star wars battlefront 2[B] has ctf and i find if gives the game alot more playability. when i get tired of playing regular mode i play ctf. i would have like a ctf on bf2 since i got tired of that game because it only has one mode. as it is i havent played since november 2

Comment

well i played CTF in Black Hawk Down and god i loved it

Comment

Working...
                              X