Fast Spec, Choopy Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Spec, Choopy Play

I got a new computer and if i have Lightening on HIGH and Texure on HIGH i will see slowdowns when Im flying in a jet(things will run fine withe very setting high except LIghtening and Texture). I've changed the AGP aperture size to different values but see no difference. And I have used the PCI latency tool to set my PCI Latency to 64 but that has not helped. My older computer has no problem withe very thing high including Texture and Lightening. i've also took 1 GB of stick from the older computer and put it on the new one but game is still choppy with Texture and Lightening on HIGH. Does anyone know whatsw going on without telling me about PCI latency, AGP aperture, PSU, or 2Gb of rams? (Please look at both of my computers' spec)

NEW Computer:
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (dual core)
    Corsair Pc3200, 1gb
    BFG 6800 ULtra in the AGP slot (I also have a PCI-E slot because the Motherboard is a new type with ULi Cheapset)
    PSU: Antec 400 Watts (Im sure it's enough)
    USB Plantronic Headset (DSP 500)
    Motherboard: AsRock Dual Sata

OLD Computer
    Pentium 4, 3.2 Ghz
    Kingston PC3200, 2Gb
    Leadtek 6600GT (PCI-E)
    USB PLantronic Headset
    Motherboard: ASUS P5GD1
    PSU: Antec 400 Watts

Re: Fast Spec, Choopy Play

I don't know man, make sure all drivers are installed and make sure you check out that your PC has no virus's or spyware

~Ownage

Comment

You downgraded your memory?

Why?

Yo answer your question.. to play fluidly without stutters, with everything maxed at, you need AT LEAST 1.5 gigs.. 2 would be reccomended.

Comment

what kind of memory? you might need an other gig

Comment

guys... i didnt downgrade. I just had 1 gb to begin with because the old computer is sometime used for Recording sounds and needs rams. When i borrow 1 GB from my OLD compputer and add on the NEW computer. The 2GB of PC3200 Rams didnt make any difference. The game is still choppy

Comment

Spyware? System defrag? Drivers?

Comment

You bet, DEFRAGING, Driver up to 81.85... I called the EA tech and the first guy cant help me and the next day the Senior Tech called and he cant find the problem either. Maybe only DICE knows

Comment

Make sure your Mobo has the latest bios for dual-core processors, i know some people who have dual core and they are known to cause some problems, the newest bios for your mobo will help if that is truly the problem.

Comment

Dollars to donuts its that 6800 card. I have same exact problem and have a killer system.

6800 has slutterning problems espcially on the china maps

med was the only fix for me. the rest on high

Comment

thank you.. So its the 6800 of urs? Even though you have 2 gig of memories it still cause problems KIA?

Comment

Swap them so they are all matched. that is put the 2GB kingston in the new system adn the 1GB in the old system.

Comment

I got 2GB RAM too and a 6800GT overclocked and some of the Chinese maps still lag me a little, especially Daquing.

Comment

ya... especially during flying... Don't know whats going on with the game. ITw orks fine on my 6600GT with 2bg rams but not on my 6800 ULtra

Comment

there is a known stutter problem with dual core CPU's, i just posted a fix here:

hope it helps

Comment

Working...
                            X