Weird problem out of nowhere. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird problem out of nowhere. Help!

I've been playing this game since it first came out. I'm playing it on a Dell laptop with almost all settings on LOW, there were no problems, no lag, until 4 days ago when I logged on and 5 seconds into the game it started lagging real bad, almost to the point of freezing. It takes literally 2 minutes to hear that the enemy is spotted. I reinstalled the game, but the problem is still there, lag after 5-10 sec.
    Please keep in mind that I was playing it for 4 months with out any problems.
    Any ideas what can it be?

I'm a recovering noob toob whore so it's important for me to get back to the game and coninue playing as a medic or an AT guy to finish my rehabilitation proses. (23 days without a single noob toob shot fired).
    Thanks

Re: Weird problem out of nowhere. Help!

Can't help you out with your problem but I'm amused with the noobtoob - drug threshold reference.

Comment

First thing:
      Check your harddrive space. If it's too low, you might be having casing problems.
      Second, have you installed anything new? Check your background processes and make sure there's nothing eating up tons of RAM or bandwidth.
      Third, run a spyware remover. I recomend Adaware, personally.
      Fourth... when in doubt, re-install. i've seen BF2 go tits up with no good reason many times (never on my system, but constantly on a friends).

Good luck and grats on kicking the toob habbit

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
        First thing:
        Check your harddrive space. If it's too low, you might be having casing problems.
        Second, have you installed anything new? Check your background processes and make sure there's nothing eating up tons of RAM or bandwidth.
        Third, run a spyware remover. I recomend Adaware, personally.
        Fourth... when in doubt, re-install. i've seen BF2 go tits up with no good reason many times (never on my system, but constantly on a friends).

Good luck and grats on kicking the toob habbit
        I turned off all background processes, I have 1.25 GB of RAM
        70% HD is free
        Reformatted the HD
        SpySweeper is running all the time
        And I never heard "go tits up" before ROFL:laugh:

Comment

That's it right there. Turn off any program you're not using. Anti-virus and spyware removers take up RAM and CPU as they are constantly scanning incoming files.

Comment

Working...
          X