ATI Users: Catalyst 5.11 Drivers Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Users: Catalyst 5.11 Drivers Release

ATI's latest Catalyst drivers (5.11 Final - November 2005 for Windows XP with CCC and WHQL) for Radeon graphics cards exclusively on TweakTown one day before they appear on ATI.com.

Link: http://www.tweaktown.com/file-library/index.php

Re: ATI Users: Catalyst 5.11 Drivers Release

According to the review the main emphasis was OpenGL which is good. ATI can use it in OpenGL games. But I didn't see much an improvement in other games. I am downloading it now though just because I'm still running 5.9.

Comment

at school now, damn i wish I can update my drivers now

Comment

thanks d/l now

Comment

d/l it now

Comment

so will this driver fix my "could not load opengl subsystem" problem???

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. s2
              so will this driver fix my "could not load opengl subsystem" problem???
              Cannot say 100% for sure since I didn't have that problem but the main focus for these drivers were OpenGL.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
                According to the review the main emphasis was OpenGL which is good. ATI can use it in OpenGL games. But I didn't see much an improvement in other games. I am downloading it now though just because I'm still running 5.9.
                maybe i should look at upgrading mine. I'm still running the 5.4 drivers, i think.

haven't had any problems though.

Comment

Official release notes from ATI :

ATI drivers are already optimized for your product from the initial installation. Installing a new driver is only recommended if you are experiencing issues with your ATI product, including those mentioned below:
                  - 3DMark05: Running the application under Windows XP MCE with CrossFire enabled no longer results in a warning message being displayed when closing the application
                  - Battlefield 2: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RadeonĀ® 9200/9250 series no longer results in the operating system failing to respond
                  - Call of Duty: Starting a single player game at any skill level no longer results in the operating system failing to respond when using an ATI Xpressā„¢ 200 series product
                  - City of Heroes: Playing the game under Windows XP Media Center Edition no longer results in display corruption being notice when attempting to task-switch between the game and the desktop
                  - Doom3 Resurrection of Evil: Playing the game under Windows XP MCE with CrossFire enabled and CatalystĀ® A.I. disabled no longer results in scissor mode corruption being noticed
                  - Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil: Playing the game under Windows XP MCE with CrossFire enabled no longer results in ghosting effect being noticed
                  - FarCry: Installing the 1.32 patch for the game followed by changing the lighting quality no longer result in corruption being noticed when reaching a certain point in the game
                  - F.E.A.R.: Playing the game under Windows XP using an ATI Radeon X1800 no longer results in poor performance being noticed
                  - Max Payne 2: Playing the game under Windows XP with CrossFireā„¢ enabled no longer results in a loss of sync being noticed
                  - Neverwinter Nights: Installing the 1.66 patch along with Shadows of Undertide and Hordes add-ons no longer results in features of the game being missing when using an ATI RadeonĀ® 9600 SE
                  - Quake 4: The fire effect no longer becomes corrupt after using GLSL
                  - Serious Sam: Two directdraw samples are no longer displayed as a blank screen
                  - Windows Movie Maker: Inputting the video source from the S-Video connector, and using the application to capture from source, no longer results in the Windows 2000 operating system failing to respond once the capture is complete
                  - Wurm Online: The water reflection displayed within the game is now rendered properly
                  - Connecting a CRT and a TV no longer results in the TV not being automatically detected under Windows XP MCE when using an ATI RadeonĀ® 9550/9600/9650 series
                  - CatalystĀ® Control Center: All the menu items in the Deinterlacing aspect page of the CatalystĀ® Control Center are now displayed when selecting Simplified Chinese as the supported language
                  - CatalystĀ® Control Center: Enabling East Asian language support no longer results in the Apply, Discard and Defaults buttons being invisible
                  - Vertical striping corruption is no longer noticed when running the Windows XP MCE TV when using an ATI All-in-Wonderā„¢ X600 series
                  - Connecting a DVD player to the ATI All-in-Wonderā„¢ X600 no longer results in the left and right audio channels being reversed when using the Windows XP MCE operating system
                  - Enabling CrossFire support on a system using three display device no longer results in corruption remaining on the secondary or third display devices when disabling the displays
                  - Water reflection textures are now displayed correctly when running ViewMarseille.bat found in the Use Debug Version of Direct3D
                  - Connecting an HDTV to an ATI RadeonĀ® X800 CrossFireā„¢ Edition no longer results in the HDTV being detected as a CRT monitor when the smart dongle switches are set to off
                  - The extended desktop display profile is now retained after switching between different user account in systems using an ATI Xpressā„¢ 200 series and running the Windows XP operating system
                  - Using WinDVD to playback a DVD title while having the CatalystĀ® Control Center running, no longer results in the playback of the DVD pausing momentarily
                  - Vertical striping corruption is no longer noticed when running the Windows XP MCE TV when using an ATI All-in-Wonder X300/X600 series
                  - Connecting a DVD player to the VIVO connector no longer results in the video preview window failing to provide a preview when attempting to capture
                  - Connecting an HDTV as the only display device using the component video connector on an ATI Radeon X1300 no longer results in the display image shrinking when making changes to either AA or AF found in the 3D aspect page of the CatalystĀ® Control Center
                  - Creating a *.avi file under Windows XP MCE when using an ATI Radeon X800 series no longer results in the color of the captured file appearing corrupt during playback
                  - Connecting a display device to the DVI connector on systems containing an ATI Xpressā„¢ 200 series no longer results in the display device failing to respond when attempting to resume from an S3 state
                  - Attempting to play a DVD using the ATI DVD player under Windows XP MCE with an Apple Cinema display device connected no longer results in a blank playback window

Comment

Why do they always put this in there "Installing a new driver is only recommended if you are experiencing issues with your ATI product"
                    Even if you are not having problems why wouldnt you upgrade ?

Comment

hey it worked, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!! now i can finally play enemy territory on this computer. damn its gonna be tough to decide between ET and BF2

Comment

hmmmmmmmmm im deciding if i should go with the 5.11 because my computer hates me lol

Comment

I dont know what i shuld go for, 5.10 and 5.9 seemed to hate my computer so i stayed at 5.6. GOna try them out after my match just incase. lol

Comment

wow when I installed it, it didn't crash and it works w00tness

Comment

I just officially uninstalled all my ati software (programs & video drivers), and installed the lattest catalyst control center 5.11 for my radeon 9250 pci card. Ati states:

Battlefield 2: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RadeonĀ® 9200/9250 series no longer results in the operating system failing to respond.

I also just installed Battlefield 2 Demo , but it wont play the Demo. Well it starts it fine, but shortly after it gets to the screen to choose singleplay or multiplay, it shuts down the game and displays a message about "Vpu recovery console has reset the graphics accelerator" or something to that extent.

Is there a way to fix this?

Here's my computer specs:
                              Dell Dimension 3000
                              2.4 GHz Intel Celeron D Processor
                              512MB RAM
                              Video: ATI Radeon 9250 128-bit 256MB PCI Video Card
                              Catalyst Version 5.11
                              Microsoft DirectX Version 9.0c
                              Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0
                              Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
                              All Windows Updates have been Installed to date

Comment

Working...
                              X