Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I'm Lazy...

...Sorry,

I've been browsing all the past posts and I cant seem to find a thread I read a while ago. It was about checking to make sure (I think) AGP or something is enabled on your graphics card to resolve some performance issues...although I've only a soft modded 9500 pro (x800 on way) I fail to beleive a 3 gig p4 and a gig of corsair ram means that I can only play on the lowest of low settings.

So yeah anyone know what I'm talking about? I don't mean the config 313 thing, this was an option on the gcard options. I'm at work now so not able to scout around and find it myself, but I'd like to go home and sort it asap so I can spend the rest of the night being mowed down by artillery and moaning about plane whores

Cheers

Re: Yeah I'm Lazy...

Your rig can support high settings if you are on a 32-man server with good ping, maximum. Once you start going for 64-man servers above 90 ping, you might want to turn them down a bit. Like you're going to admire the detail of a flower in the middle of a 64-man fight?

Comment

You may be talking about the AGP Aperture size, which you can change in the BIOS.

If your graphics card is 256MB then you can safely turn the AGP Aperture size up to 256MB.
      Whether or not this actually makes a difference is a matter of debate.

Your amount of RAM counts for very little, in terms of gameplay performance.
      Yes you can store lots of textures in memory but the actual smooth performance of animating those textures is done by the graphics card.

More texture detail, Anti-Aliasing, Dynamic Lighting, etc is all work for your poor gfx card.

Comment

Seriously, you only need to tell apart red from blue nametags. The rest is simply telling apart a body from a bush, being able to read your ammo reserves, and reading the kill messages to see who you owned with so much left over CPU speed.

Comment

I'm afraid the poor puppy is only 128mb, but the a$$hole on ebay seems to have ran off with my money and I can't get another card until paypal get themselves into gear and send me some cash.......how hard can it be, they've got the guys bank account details and adress?

No it's not a bios thing, I'm sure its a really simple tick box option on the gcard settings tab, but when I finally get home at about 1.30 am the last thing I wanna do is spend time trying to sort it all out

Comment

Working...
          X