Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mobile spawn points?

Originally posted by iewgnem
    Would be interesting, like a moving train around the map with a capable/uncapable flag where you can spawn, would make camping it so much difficult and making caping more fun

Not that EA/Dice will program it, seeing how they cant even code the original game properly without bugs.
    A moving train, now that would be cool! I always wondered why the Gulf Oman train doesn’t move. That would be such a great feature for spawning and if not a normal train why not a monorail perhaps?

Titus

Comment

Making a object that serves as the mobile spawn point is bad because:

1. The enemy can probably blow it up (such as the spawn crate in BFV)
      2. The enemy can move it, sink it, convert it into a porto-potty, or throw it out of bounds
      3. Your team has to watch over it.

Making squad leaders mobile spawn points is a good idea because:

1. It defends itself
      2. It's automotive (no, not a car, noob)
      3. It can mark locations for movement, supplies, and artillery spam
      4. It makes you wonder if military technology can make a male soldier capable of asexual reproduction in the field of battle with his offspring magically manifesting with full combat gear, yet out of breath

Genius....

Comment

where is this seen in real life?

Comment

I have seen this ,the other day playing wake our flag was capped because i did it then i go around a building theres a dude.So i nail him dead! then i reload still looking at him! then i hear urgh! and he apeared to be revived by a invisable person .So now i have to kill him again and i manage too .

On that round i witnessed about 5 people grow from the ground when there was no flag or squad leader that i could see? :hmm:

Comment

I thought the big plane in Secret Weapons was pretty good. It didn't get out of hand, it's fun to watch a squad parachute over a base. Plus, with bf2, you could pretty much skydive. That way the 'airbourne ribbon' would have some significance as you could actually plan large scale airbourne endeavors.

Edit: Also gives reasons for players to defend bases. Guard duty. An element that doesn't really happen atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Titus
              I am a team player though what i meant is that like a mobile flag mounted to something. I was throwing something out thier thats all, i realize that one can spawn in on the squad leader though you cant always spawn becuase that person is in car or something and you cant spawn.

Titus
              I can see it now....

You're down to your last mobile spawn flag, the enemy are routing you and gathering like flies to a sh*t pile. You all gather round the flag and run around like a bunch of mad a**es trying to keep away from the oncoming hordes!!! Run away!!!!! Keep running!!!!!!

Man I'd like to see the spawn map as that's going on. Watching this mobile point move endlessly round the map follow by a mass of red blobs!!!! great fun!!!!

Aaah simple things please simple minds, eh?! hehehe...

Comment

Originally posted by ICPO
                Yeah, I heard they had problems with the enemy taking it out of bounds
                I hate more problems with my team broadsiding me with a battleship, literally turning my ship sideways (yet it still floats, lol). Of course, teammates more often drove the thing off the map...since I don't think the enemy could commandeer the other team's ships?

Comment

Working...
                X