Disconenct at login, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconenct at login, please help!

Every time i click login in bf2 i go straight to the desktop, this did not happen yesterday. I never had ctd's. I guess today ea wants to **** me off. Does anybody have any ideas how to fix this problem. I tried reinstalling, updating punkbuster, but still does it.

Re: Disconenct at login, please help!

Changed anything like screen resolution / monitor ?

I imagine that you haven't changed a thing though...

Comment

I tried to hook up a 19flat panel yesteray but couldnt find the drivers(i got it for free) its still hooked up let me take it out. I hope thats the problem!!

Comment

Nope wasnt it ****

Comment

It probably was actually

When you run BF2 it takes a snapshot of your system and configures the game as best it can based on what you have. If you change something, esp the monitor it seems, the game will crash to desktop like it's doing to you.

Now I can't remember for sure but I *think* that one of the working solutions was to delete the profiles info in /my docs/BF2/profiles/0001/ and the next time you start BF2 it'll rescan the hardware and you'll be good to go.

I'm sure that there was another easier way but it doesn't hurt to try this one

Comment

I found the problem, when i changed the video.con file after i reformated i put aa at 6 samples and my 6800ultra can only do 4 samples im guessing. Because i made a new account and that seemed to work on default settings.

Comment

Working...
            X