Freezing at login Screen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing at login Screen.

I am getting a grey screen now, right after the intro movie. The mouse pointer shows up after a short freeze and then the screen goes blank. Before this happened the text in the main menu was consisting of Grey blocks instead of text. One of my other games had a scrambled video as well.

This all seemed to happen after I tried overclocking my CPU to 2.4Ghz. I have run Prime95 for several hours since the overclocking was turned back. Also did a memtest86. Reinstalled windows and the game several times now and its still messing up.

Any guesses?

Re: Freezing at login Screen.

What about your 3D card, it's clocked pretty high for a 6800GT. Maybe you could try to reduce the clock on it. Tried any 3D tests like 3DMark03? Did you remove the profile as well when you reinstalled BF2? Maybe You have some messed up settings in the config files.

Comment

Tried it at stock and even lower clock speeds... Tried 3dmark05 this last Windows install and it got a 5828... about the same as before... I've tried diagnosing hardware and nothing shows up as Faulty.

Comment

All I can suggest is delete the video and audio files in your profile folder (0001 or 0002), rename the movies folder in bf2\mods\bf2. This will give you a chance to redo video and audio settings and you will go straight to login menu.

Comment

There have been no settings changes, this is from a 100% clean Hard Drive Formatted with XP, the newest drivers for hardware, and then BF2... What are the symptoms of faulty VGA's?

Comment

Originally posted by Dethred
            There have been no settings changes, this is from a 100% clean Hard Drive Formatted with XP, the newest drivers for hardware, and then BF2... What are the symptoms of faulty VGA's?
            The symptoms can be anything from being unable to boot the PC to graphical errors in games. Since you can run 3DMark05 I doubt your card is fried. Refresh rate can create problems. What kind of monitor do you use?

Comment

Well I just tried it after 81.05 or whatever the latest driver is, and it flickered after starting 3dmark05 up. Then I switched back to the previous driver and the graphics were all messed up...

Comment

Working...
              X