BF2 Map Pack2 thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Map Pack2 thoughts

Just wondering how many people have downloaded these maps. In my opinion the maps are very good and provide a nice change of pace. Especially good are the new urban maps. The only problem is its hard to find a good game because there are no ranked servers running these maps. I don't really care about my stats anymore, I have all the unlocks and most ribbons/badges. The other thing is that its like 50K more points to the next rank, so who cares? It would be nice to see more people playing these maps and more servers running them. But I guess most people would rather play for points. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Re: BF2 Map Pack2 thoughts

hm.. ive nerver played a custom map lol, id rather be spending my time getting points anyways, and do any servers host these?

Comment

There are about 180 servers running custom maps and maybe 20 running the BF2 mappack 2.

The problem is that a) people care more about stats and b) only a very small % of the players, IMHO, actually know that there is such a thing as custom maps so don't support servers that run them.

Comment

Points + no automatic downloads.. and no automatic downloads because the maps are huge.

I've only played Strike at Karkand 2 and Strike at Abu Dhabi from Map Pack 2. Both are fun, but both have bugs that should have been ironed out before releasing them to the public. Karkand 2, in particular, has several buildings that you can get "inside" and shoot out from without people seeing you. "Praystation" and "Sement Factory" are two funnies from Abu Dhabi.. and the commander assets there are bugged beyond belief on that map.

Comment

Working...
        X