Tactical Gamer Euro Night #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gamer Euro Night #2

For all those who enjoy the TG style of play (no lonewolves, commanders must use VoIP, SquadLeaders must *lead*....), there's another round of everything that B2 should be, tonight, for European players from 20H00 GMT

Re: Tactical Gamer Euro Night #2

Sounds awesome. Will be there
    Can't wait to play an organised game....

Comment

I will be playing around that time ish. How many people server is it and how long will it be up for??

Comment

I am SO there after missing the last one... excellent news ptegan, thanks for the headsup

Comment

32-man I believe. Starts at 20H00 GMT and then US crowd joins at about midnight.

Some people don't like the server because they don't like all the rules that go with it. For example there is normally a JET squad for people that fly jets. This way the commander just has to highlight the squad name and ask for them to attack a certain position and whoever is flying at the time knows what to do. If you are not in the squad and don't take the jets.

Personally I find it difficult now to play BF2 on any other server as I'm too used to expecing to have a SL that knows when to hang back and when and where to attack. Also when you're in trouble and ask the commander for help it's wonderful to see another squad turn up seconds later to help you out The first time I played as SL I was amazed when the commander spoke to everyone at once so that all SL's knew what the overall plan was and if you were asked to defend a base you knew *why* the commander asked you because he told you first

Comment

WOW, this sound so good. This sound like how everyone should play it.

Comment

Im just re-reading the rules at VOIP protocols on the Tactical Gamer website.. look forward to playing with you later ptegan

Comment

And I look forward to kicking Taffy ass

Comment

Lol

Comment

Everybody interested in playing there tonight should have a quick look at the rules.

Sadly I can't make it tonight

Comment

Have we a link for the rules and ports etc for VoIP?

Comment

Everything you need to know can be found at www.tacticalgamer.com

Ive had confirmation the the game will be on server#1 [ 70.86.19.218 ]
                        Please ensure you have the totalbf2 custom map pack 2 installed prior to joining the server.

Comment

The only thing that some will have to get used to is :

2) Players are not allowed into the enemy UCB for any reason other than for the sole purpose of destroying the enemy's assets (artillery/uav/radar). Restricted acts include:

1. Entering the UCB with the intent on killing a disoriented spawning player.
                          2. Entering the UCB with the intent of stealing any vehicle.
                          3. Flying over the UCB for air raids / bombing runs.
                          4. Entering the UCB with the intent to lay mines / c4.

Comment

How strict are they with the radio chatter?
                            I've been reading the radio operating procedures and its quite alot to take in. Do they take that as gospel or is it there as a helping hand?

Dont get me wrong, Im not the kind to chat idly over VOIP, but dont want to be scourned for not using the correct terms when doing SITREPS etc

Comment

Naa, not really that strict at all. In any case most people are pretty shy and don't speak a lot. But if the SL is telling people from which angle you're going to attack a flag from, asking if anyone has seen the latest Tim Burton movie doesn't go down too well

Comment

Working...
                              X