Stationary machine gun positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stationary machine gun positions

Does anyone agree that they aren't in the best spots? I mean, sure, having them in really good vantage points is questionable, but snipers and anyone with slightly accurate weapons will just snack on them anyway. I just couldn't help but notice that they're always facing useless positions. In war, they're set up in tactical spots in order to suppress.

..Maybe have it so they can be destroyed, and repaired?

Re: Stationary machine gun positions

I agree, some of them are placed in an eyebrow raising position. As to them being destroyable, check out the Project Reality MiniMod: they run out of ammo.

Comment

It was the same way with BF42. What drives me crazy is that they can ALMOST traverse to where you need them, but not quite. AA is the same way, there's always a damn tree between me and my target.

Comment

Yeah I agree that they are positioned poorly and find them quite irritating.

Comment

Yep, whoever worked out thoes fields of fire definately failed NCO school!

Comment

i rarely use the machine guns because of bad spots they placed it at

Comment

I use a few of them and since most people aren't used to them being manned, they don't have a clue as to what killed them or from where and don't know how to counter. Quite funny really.

Comment

i wouldn't say its too bad with the machine gun emplacements but its ridiculous with the anti aircraft things there always set at annoying spots ie: behind trees etc.

Comment

The commander should be able to place the defence items for his team, even a newb could place it in a spot that you can hit someone vrs 5 trees in front of the guns atm....

Comment

I'd like to see them in higher positions, rooftops / etc... but I do agree, some are in pretty dumb spots, which I'll be exploring as I'm going to work on that damn ground defense ribbon

big_sammy -- nice sig man

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                      I use a few of them and since most people aren't used to them being manned, they don't have a clue as to what killed them or from where and don't know how to counter. Quite funny really.
                      Yeah I noticed that too. I've gotten some pretty incredible kill streaks off them.

Comment

I think it'd be good if the support weapons were like in Day of Defeat, seeing as the majority of the time you cant hit anything with them when you're moving around. Just get rid of the stationary mgs and make the support classe's one deployable. I know it'll never happen but that way the mg's would be able to be placed in practical posistions and the support class would be more useful.

Comment

I can agree to a certain extent - in real life I would never position the stationary weapons this bad.

But in game terms they are placed quite well - there is always a spot left open for a flanking assault where the machine gun can't reach which makes the game more open and diverse. The stationary machine guns are really powerful and a well placed one can play an important role. One of the best machine guns imo is the one on top of the roof of the hotel building in Mashtur City (north west spawn point below the hq).

The AA guns are another story. They certainly lack the killing power of the stationary guns and should have better spots.

Comment

they're strategically positioned in order for people to be able to get their knife badges

Comment

Originally posted by DezemoDova
                              they're strategically positioned in order for people to be able to get their knife badges
                              Too true!

Comment

Working...
                              X